All reviews outdoor pool full kitchen water cooler living room box fan beach access off season tiffany ocean closet heck fireplace
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Not only DO NOT GO HERE, but under NO circumstances go here!!
Bought a Groupon and from the pics, got really excited about the prospect. Decided to go for the weekend before my birthday...left home in a furious snowstorm, battled rain and driving wind almost the whole trip up from the Eugene, OR area, really looking forward to our charming inn and room. Bates Motel...move over...you no longer hold the title for worst motel EVER!!
Josh was friendly and welcoming, but my disappointment that we weren't on the ocean-side of the road, was only the beginning. What about all the pics showing the ocean out front?? We dragged our suitcase and pillows into the OLD rickety elevator (Dear God, PLEASE don't let it break down!!) up to a dingy, twisty hallway around to our room (lost of doors into the hallway from an outside walkway (doesn't give one a strong sense of security). To a bear-bones room, in which I did NOT want to put anything down, especially on the bed. And the smell was horrendous! I used the bathroom, with great trepidation and eyed the wretched shower, knowing there way no way I'd be able to get in it. We were starving and decided to leave everything else in the car until after we ate. Luckily we found a delightful cafe (Bennett's Fish Shack...review to follow), and decided to change hotels (in this case, motel). We saw a Comfort Suites on the ocean-side and drove there, met Jody at the front desk and were enchanted by their lobby! We booked a 2 night stay and went to retrieve our things from the Ocean Shores Inn. Suddenly our $58 Groupon 2-night stay at a charming, quaint inn (NOT!) became a $400 experience. Dick is happy that I'll have an enjoyable birthday weekend, but I wonder how the other place stays in business! I only have 2 thumbs, but they are both emphatically turned down!!
Stay tuned for our thoug it's on the Comfort Suites...what an amazing place!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Penny S
Ocean S, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Shores Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback. We take it all very seriously. Our studios are quite small but 2 nights for $58.00 is a steal of a deal to have a weekend at the beach. We are not the Hilton and we don't claim to be. We take pride in our rooms being comfortable, clean and safe. I am glad you found a place that suits your standards and am very sorry we did not live up to them. Again, I want to thank you for the feedback. Have a great day. And belated Happy Birthday!!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

This hotel is a text-book example of a place that was once nice but is now run-down and in bad need of a make-over. My wife and I stayed here over a weekend with a Groupon. We enjoy visiting new places and Groupon offers can be a good way to pick your place based upon what comes up. We usually have good experiences. Unfortunately, that did not happen here. I can only assume the positive reviews posted here must be based on different rooms. In our room, the rugs had lots of stains (in multiple colors), there was a cigarette burn in the sofa, all of the other furnishings should be replaced or at least thoroughly steam cleaned, the bathrooms need some serious re-caulking, the forced air electric heaters worked but were very dusty and dirty inside (I suspect they never get cleaned because the access screws were painted over), even though it was a non-smoking room, there is a detectable cigarette smell which is not surprising since we saw staff members smoking near the lobby and entryways. I could go on but hopefully you get the point. We are frequent travelers and we have stayed in many older hotels in the past. A hotel can be old and tired but it should at least be clean and well-maintained.
Having identified the negatives, we can state that the place is somewhat quiet and the staff are friendly and accommodating. But in our travels we have stayed in lots of old hotels that were property maintained and clean.
Our advice: Find another place to stay in Ocean Shores.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2018

Checked-in with an infant and the room was full of mold. Litteraly everywhere! On the door, walls, bathroom. Complained and the room was "upgraded". New one had significantly less mold, just in the shower. But mold still! New room had kitchen which was not very clean. Overall the room is far from clean you see stains here and there. Smell is not fresh. Huge gap in the broken ttile on the floor in the bathroom. Missing pieces of tile here and there.The whole hotel is just like a facility in an abandoned city on the edge of civilization. Staff? How can you rate a staff the see you holding a car-seat with a newborn in it and giving you a molded cave instead of a hotel room? Horrible experience.

Room Tip: Run forest, RUN!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 December 2017

This was our first trip to Ocean Shores and this hotel was a bargain on Groupon. The room was huge, the staff was so friendly and helpful. It felt like the places we stayed in The Keys when I was a kid. So go fly a kite on the beach, pick up a bottle of Vampire wine (haven't seen that since New Orleans Mardi Gras) at the liquor store, visit the Irish pub for great food and on the way out of town stop by the local PAWS like we did and find the most PURRfect kitten. That sums up our weekend and we will definitely be back to stay here again! The Inn is a great hub , it was clean, loved the water cooler in the living room and the front desk folks were very accommodating when we had a few requests.

Room Tip: suites with balcony
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Ocean S, Public Relations Manager at Ocean Shores Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future!

Reviewed 6 November 2017

I am a member of an organization which uses Shilo Inn Ocean Shores every year in November for our annual conference retreat. We are always warmly welcomed, the rooms are spacious, and and the in-suite kitchen/dining rooms enable us to bring food to eat in or bring leftovers from the hotel restaurant or any of the other restaurants in town. One of the best parts of our annual visit is the wait staff in the hotel restaurant--Stephanie remembers our food choice preferences from year to year and always greets us with a smile and a hug! The conference room is always set up and ready for us to hold our conference retreat.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business