“Large, Bright rooms”
Review of The Sands Resort

The Sands Resort
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Reviewed 17 June 2016

Every time we stay here we enjoy it. May not be upscale hotel, but the rooms are larger then most other hotels. The staff are friendly and very helpful. Continental breakfast is good. If you stay in a junior suite on the second floor the view is pretty good.

Room Tip: Second floor junior suite has a balcony with a view.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank David R

Reviewed 23 March 2016

OK, so the Sands is an older property. And with that, there are some things that are beyond the owners control (thin walls, outdated architecture, rising heat on upper floors). But that said, the owners have gone out of their way to make the Sands a very comfortable, fun, and unique place to stay. The rooms (at least the one we were in) was very clean and had a very fun design. Wood paneled walls (knotty pine, not the outdated type), upgraded bathroom tiles, wood carvings, playful wall hangings. Plenty of little extra touches that were not required.

And, of course, the location is great. Right on the beach and right near the center of town. We parked the car and didn't touch the keys until it was time to head home. We could walk to the Razor Clam Festival, Galway Bay, and all of the main shopping areas.

I plan to stay here again, only I will bring a fan. The room was pretty warm since it was on the top floor, and in the morning, the gulls were pretty loud (which is a pretty good problem to have). But again, these are things outside of the owners control. The things they can control they have made very nice.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mntneerjay
Reviewed 5 March 2016 via mobile

Stay here as your last option! Oldest motel in Ocean Shores. Not cheap either. My junior suite was 140/night. I think It used to be 2 or 3 different motels that they made into 1 "resort". I stayed in the 2-story building. I've never stayed here before so I thought I would try it because they accept pets, but I shouldn't have! Room was ok, very dated though. The bed is right inside front door which is not the best set up. The woman at the front desk was VERY unfriendly, rude and bossy!!! My room had 3 heaters and 2 thermostats and only 1 heater and 1 thermostat worked! I had to use the oven to warm living/dining area. The fireplace was show only with a flame that lit up by light bulb, no heat, no purpose. NO hot water either! It's a good thing I was busy and not in my room much. They should bulldoze the whole place and build a new real resort.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Nancy A
Reviewed 1 January 2016 via mobile

Went with family members we had at least 6 different rooms some of the heaters worked, and like ours turned it passed 80 and the room was freezing all night.
Over heard a couple had to borrow a heater from the office to stay warm for The night.
The continental breakfast was in the check in office which is not a big area more less a cluster if there was more than 3 people in the area.
No waffles!!!!!!!! disappointed me.
Not a bad place to stay, but I won't stay there in the winter again, unless I know the heat works inn the room.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 December 2015

I did not stay here. I bought gift certificates for my adult children for here. I chose this place because of good location, indoor and outdoor pool and accepts pets. The gift certificate came with stipulations like extra money if stay on weekends, which I told the kids. But when it came to using them, they could not stay on weekends even if they paid extra. So one of the three kids were able to stay there. Don't buy gift certificates!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family