“A great family restaurant!”
Review of Island Cafe

Island Cafe
Ranked #4 of 98 Restaurants in Oak Harbor
Cuisines: American
Description: Our business specializes in high quality local food with exceptional service, our menu includes a wide variety of different dishes with breakfast served all day. We offer daily specials, homemade soups, and recipes made from scratch. We would love to have you as our customer.
Reviewed 13 October 2018

This is just a great place to have a reasonably priced, tasty meal. The food is American and have always had a great experience here. There are not a lot of sit-down family restaurants on the island and this is a tried and true place. Very happy when we go there.

We have had breakfast, lunch and dinner and have never had a bad meal.

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

I have been waiting all week to dine here
I got the chicken fried steak, 2 eggs, hash browns, rye toast
I’m very happy and full
Highly recommended
Must stop here for breakfast

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

We often eat here. The food is consistently good. The staff are friendly. They have excellent clam chowder. There are a variety of menu items and breakfast all day.

1  Thank whidbeyIsland_girl87
Reviewed 22 August 2018

GREAT FOOD! Mountains of it! 1000 NAVY personal from the local AIR BASE in Oak harbor can't be wrong!!!!
Try to find a table that doesn't sit next to a group of young navy folks and you'll be short-changed because watching all those young folks gobble down their own mounds of great food does my heart good--I am not the one snarffing down all that food! I would, if I could. But now that I'm over 70, I can't. But, I sure DO like to eat what I can---just not everyday, like so many of those Navy kids do!
My personal FAVE at this eatery is the chopped chuck steak patty slathered in sautéed onions and mushrooms, with grilled veggies (peppers, onions, zucchini, more mushrooms, etc.), and two scoops of homestyle mashed potatoes (Yukon Gold, with the skins left on)--skip the gravy, you do NOT need it--these potatoes are amazing! Skip the garlic toast too---if you are my age, you do NOT need more starch. There are plenty of good carbs in the potatoes!!!! To drink, I get plain iced tea with lemon. Our server kept that glass full!!!!
I have two faves in the Skagit Valley. This place, the Island Café in Oak Harbor, and the Greek Islands up there in Anacortes. I especially like both places because of the PEOPLE as well as the wonderful COMFORT FOOD!!!! The Greek Islands is family owned and run. (I LOVE ANNA and MANOLIS!!!!)
And, though I don't know who owns the Island Café, the staff, who work down there in Oak Harbor, act like a family--they seem to watch each others' back--they seem to pick up the slack if another worker is tied up---they seem to CARE about what they do. It doesn't EVER get any better than that!!!!
I will always eat at either place at every opportunity!
We ate a quick lunch at the Island Cafe after catching the ferry from Port Townsend to Coupeville last week. We were starving---that late lunch was our early supper as well, because the portions were humungous!!!! (The Navigator had the prawns pasta dish--also HUGE!!!! And dee-lish!)
We have been away so much this summer helping family. Nice to be able to re-fuel in at least one of my two most favorite eateries in this region.

Reviewed 11 August 2018

The food was really good, but the portions and the prices were a bit too high in my opinion. We ended up with more food than we could eat, and since french fries don't keep well, most of it went to waste. I would recommend getting a plate and sharing it to save cost.
The staff were very fast and very friendly.