See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 November 2014

Old rooms, fraying carpet, chipping bathtub that has been poorly resealed, terrible bathroom lighting, overly soft noisy beds, classic polyester bedspreads, a room that smelled musty and full of ancient cigarette smoke, rusty mildewed window frames...you get the picture. All for $69. Seriously? This place is ancient, and in desperate need of an overhaul. It was a $45 room at best. One of the best touches were the nails coming through the ceiling from the roofing above. Owner seemed really nice, but this place is on its last legs.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jennifer K
Reviewed 15 September 2014

Upon entering the room we were hit with a musty odor. Between the odor and the dark dinginess of the room I decided to do a quick inspection.

The built in fridge was caked with rust, the dish drawer had chunks of dirt and small bugs pressed against the provided silverware. The oven had a baking sheet in it with some type of bread caked onto it, and apparently was never washed.

I proceeded to pull of the yellow comforter that was supposed to be white to check for bed bugs. To my human eye I couldn't find any, but was still beyond creeped out with this place. Checking the hide away bed to see if was any cleaner was horrible idea. There were small black chunks which I'm hoping were dirt covering the mattress.

Upon returning to the front desk we were informed the manager was away and would return in 30mins. After 30mins we returned to find the manager very stubborn and unwilling to refund our money. She stated it was because of the state we left the room in. We did not remake the bed, so she must've thought we slept in it over the course of 1 hour, so unless this is something that occurs in this area (prostitution) more often than we would imagine I can see why she would assume. Just another reason to stay at this motel.

STAY AWAY!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
11  Thank Nathan C
Reviewed 10 May 2014

First, I'd like to say that I am not affiliated with Queen Anne Motel in any way.My wife and I were in the process of moving from one side of Oak Harbor to the other side. We were about half way complete and did not have a bed set up at either house or home. We decided to stay at a motel/hotel. After calling some of the more known inns and discovered they had no vacancies, we called Queen Anne Motel and luckily they had a room. The room was very clean, had all the amenities, and was the closest to the beach, park and the downtown shopping area. The knock on the Queen Anne was the age of the motel but the upside was the price vs the competition. If money was no option, go spend it on your bed and shower. I would rather spend it on extracurricular activities. But the real reason I am writing this review is to let the people know how honest, professional, and trustworthy the entire staff were to me and my wife. We checked out the next morning and resumed our move. Everything was in disarray and cluttered. That night we were looking for our cash box with money and credit cards and could not find it anywhere. my wife and I were sure it was in the new house somewhere but we could not find it. We called another motel, we had stayed for 4 days with no luck. At this time we had no home phone due to the cable being disconnected.Our cell phones were not on the Queen Anne registry, one of our many mistakes. We were at wit's end, the only place we had not gone to check was Queen Anne because WE KNEW IT WAS IN THE NEW HOUSE SOMEWHERE IN THE CLUTTER ANOTHER MISTAKE. So I called the Queen Anne and she said she remembered me and told me I left a BLUE BOX there. She said she had been trying to call us for 4 days but our cable was temporarily disconnected. My wife and and I were not rocket scientist during this evolution. She did not have our cell phone numbers.We found out that the housekeeper that cleaned the room found it by the microwave and brought it to the front office. The Queen Ann Motel Management and entire staff should be very proud of the way they do business. Moral of the story is "Don't judge a book by its cover" and "newer is not always better".If the situation arises again, I will without hesitation stay at the Queen Anne Motel. Thank you for your hospitality and professional service. Bobby and Cindy/Oak Harbor, WA

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank 8bobby
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I kept reading over some of the recent reviews, and wondered if I had wandered into an alternative universe - and that I had missed the one where the Queen Ann had caring owners and comfortable beds. Because our Queen Ann had neither.

The bed was hard as a rock, and sleep was not forthcoming. Upon check in, the woman at the desk (I'm assuming from the way she reacted that she was the owner) questioned me as if I were a criminal. She kept insisting "there's two of you? No pets? Two of you? Any pets? Where's your ID" until I thought, OK, maybe we should have brought a pet just to make her happy.

There was not warm welcome, there was no, smile and happy to see you, she wanted an ID immediately and a credit card.

I know, this is no Hampton Inn where you get fresh cookies. We weren't expecting that. It was 9:30 at night, we were tired and just wanted a comfy place to sleep. We had a room with a Mr. Coffee coffee pot (interesting) but no hair dryer. They did have more amenities than I thought they would (shampoo and soap and conditioner) and it looked clean, but for a non smoking room, it smelled of smoke - obviously not a strict policy.

In the morning when we drove out of Oak Harbour we realized that there were a great many other hotels we could have stayed at, had we been a little less hasty after a day of driving.

My rating would be that it is below a Motel 6, and above camping. That's about it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Reluctantfarmgirl
Reviewed 23 October 2012

This motel is not fancy by any means but the price was right and the room was clean. The owners were very helpful and kept the noise down from the pub. The Queen Ann is really central to everything and being off the main street it was quiet.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends