See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 May 2014

First, I'd like to say that I am not affiliated with Queen Anne Motel in any way.My wife and I were in the process of moving from one side of Oak Harbor to the other side. We were about half way complete and did not have a bed set up at either house or home. We decided to stay at a motel/hotel. After calling some of the more known inns and discovered they had no vacancies, we called Queen Anne Motel and luckily they had a room. The room was very clean, had all the amenities, and was the closest to the beach, park and the downtown shopping area. The knock on the Queen Anne was the age of the motel but the upside was the price vs the competition. If money was no option, go spend it on your bed and shower. I would rather spend it on extracurricular activities. But the real reason I am writing this review is to let the people know how honest, professional, and trustworthy the entire staff were to me and my wife. We checked out the next morning and resumed our move. Everything was in disarray and cluttered. That night we were looking for our cash box with money and credit cards and could not find it anywhere. my wife and I were sure it was in the new house somewhere but we could not find it. We called another motel, we had stayed for 4 days with no luck. At this time we had no home phone due to the cable being disconnected.Our cell phones were not on the Queen Anne registry, one of our many mistakes. We were at wit's end, the only place we had not gone to check was Queen Anne because WE KNEW IT WAS IN THE NEW HOUSE SOMEWHERE IN THE CLUTTER ANOTHER MISTAKE. So I called the Queen Anne and she said she remembered me and told me I left a BLUE BOX there. She said she had been trying to call us for 4 days but our cable was temporarily disconnected. My wife and and I were not rocket scientist during this evolution. She did not have our cell phone numbers.We found out that the housekeeper that cleaned the room found it by the microwave and brought it to the front office. The Queen Ann Motel Management and entire staff should be very proud of the way they do business. Moral of the story is "Don't judge a book by its cover" and "newer is not always better".If the situation arises again, I will without hesitation stay at the Queen Anne Motel. Thank you for your hospitality and professional service. Bobby and Cindy/Oak Harbor, WA

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank 8bobby
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I kept reading over some of the recent reviews, and wondered if I had wandered into an alternative universe - and that I had missed the one where the Queen Ann had caring owners and comfortable beds. Because our Queen Ann had neither.

The bed was hard as a rock, and sleep was not forthcoming. Upon check in, the woman at the desk (I'm assuming from the way she reacted that she was the owner) questioned me as if I were a criminal. She kept insisting "there's two of you? No pets? Two of you? Any pets? Where's your ID" until I thought, OK, maybe we should have brought a pet just to make her happy.

There was not warm welcome, there was no, smile and happy to see you, she wanted an ID immediately and a credit card.

I know, this is no Hampton Inn where you get fresh cookies. We weren't expecting that. It was 9:30 at night, we were tired and just wanted a comfy place to sleep. We had a room with a Mr. Coffee coffee pot (interesting) but no hair dryer. They did have more amenities than I thought they would (shampoo and soap and conditioner) and it looked clean, but for a non smoking room, it smelled of smoke - obviously not a strict policy.

In the morning when we drove out of Oak Harbour we realized that there were a great many other hotels we could have stayed at, had we been a little less hasty after a day of driving.

My rating would be that it is below a Motel 6, and above camping. That's about it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Reluctantfarmgirl
Reviewed 23 October 2012

This motel is not fancy by any means but the price was right and the room was clean. The owners were very helpful and kept the noise down from the pub. The Queen Ann is really central to everything and being off the main street it was quiet.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank j m
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I stayed here at the end of July, 2012. The owners made usre my family had the rooms they needed (6 of us). Their caring support and attention to our rest and comfort made this a great place. Nt every motel is going to be new. This experience remnded me of the importance of the people I do business with. I found them to be trustworthy, caring people. I felt safe, I slept well, and the pricing was great.

They even insisted that I take a roll away bed so we'd have plenty of room.

Then two days later my son thought he lost his jacket at the room - we called back and they did everything they could do to help us recover the jacket - which we did.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2012

It was a weekend where no room was available in the area. We were delighted to get a room at the Queen Anne Motel at midnight. The bed and room were comfortable, and the owners were wonderful. It was incredibly afordable.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple