All reviewschinook passgas stationthe riverwindow seatcottage
Reviewed 6 July 2016

My husband and I went up over the 4th weekend with our kids to go camping, we stopped at the little store they have to fill our propane tank, a young kid came out to help us and it was apparent he had no clue as to what he was doing. I went into the store and spoke with a older gentleman and he came right out and filled our tank he was much more considerate then the young kid was.. On Sunday we had other family come up so we decided to stay thru Monday night we went up Monday late after noon/evening to have their tank filled and was told by one of the young kids working that they could not fill propane tanks cause it was a new thing and not up and running yet, one of the kids behind the counter was the same one who tried to help us on Friday.I said thats strange cause Friday my husband and I had our tank filled here. He looked at me and said that it must not have been here you must have went some where else. Now come on I maybe getting older but I sure am not stupid. The store was a mess and the guys that working when we walked in was doing nothing but standing behind the counter talking. What a way to run a business. needless to say we took our business down the road where we got treated much better. I also found out that my daughter stopped in the store and noticed that they had a espresso machine when she asked to order one she was told that the machine was broke. This place is losing a lot of money by having lazy employees and broke down equipment.. But I have a feeling that the machine was not broke but the guys working just didn't want to deal with making one or didn't know how to.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank lindakelly71509
Reviewed 5 July 2016

This was a bustling 1st class place back in the 80's, now but a shadow of its old self. Maybe somewhat like me. Room was dark, carpets well worn and stained, Trim cracked and loose, wall paper torn, no air conditioning, no TV, no Cell Service or WiFi, Hot tub really old, and much too hot to be comphy, So we felt like we did not want to say in a room we paid 210 a night for. We fished, hiked, swam, drove up to both Clover Springs, and Raven's Roost and enjoyed Bumping Lake. We did not enjoy our hotel room. Also a bit disconcerting, our dog, I called to ask permission to bring "Earl" who goes everywhere and is a service dog, and was told to go ahead and bring him, but that if anyone asked her, she would say that the conversation never took place. Then we got to the room and there is a well posted sign saying any violators of the dog rule would be fined 150 a night. Then I got to thinking that maybe if the "conversation never took place" that they were laying in wait to charge me 3 nights at 150 a night. That did not happen, and no one questioned us about Earl's presence,and we picked up after him, and took him for runs off of the property, but it was all just a bit disconcerting. It was not comfortable. Lastly, the "bungalows" is a duplex unit with paper thin walls, where you hear the conversation clearly in the room next to yours. We felt that the opposite must also be true, forcing us to whisper the entire weekend, Yes, we taught Earl to Whisper too! In my life time Ihave stayed at Whistling Jacks over a dozen times, most likely will not be back, despite the perfect idelic setting. Maybe needs new mgmt, or someone with a vision. But bottom line, this place is twice as expensive as it should be.

Room Tip: A cabin or two on the river have the most privacy.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MontanaTourista
Reviewed 28 June 2016

Just whistle as you pass by. Drive on to the next available place. Service was so terrible, I don't even know where to start. Snide remarks when we asked for a table; a waitress said she'd come get our drink order and 10 minutes later she comes back with a snarky remark asking if we thought she forgot about us (Yes, we did because you still haven't taken our drink order). They were so disorganized that we couldn't actually tell who was our waitress. It took so long that the young gal (Elizabeth) busing the tables brought water and then maybe 10 minutes later our drink order finally came. They finally came and got our order, we then waited forever for salads. During this entire time, the table next to us had their order taken, food served, eaten, table cleared and reset - our meals were nowhere in sight. I made a direct inquiry at the kitchen and was ensured it was on its way. Yet, we waited. Then we saw the food coming out on a platter and unfortunately it wasn't for us - it was for the table that had arrived 30 minutes after us! That was it, I had lost my patience, went into the kitchen with the entire staff present and told them how disappointed we were. I told them that they need to improve their teamwork and reminded them of the great potential they have but I will never return. And in reading all the other reviews it is obvious that this has been going on for some time and I have no faith that they will correct it. One great employee was the young polite and professional girl, Elizabeth who we thanked graciously for trying.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Angie R
Reviewed 9 May 2016

4 of us went for dinner. Part of the food was OK. Not great, but OK. Two of us had New York Steaks. I ordered mine medium. It came out less than 1/2" thick and well done. 1/4 of the steak was fat and gristle and inedible, the rest was tough and poor quality. They were supposed to have a demi-glaze. We had to show the waitress the menu to prove to her they came out wrong. By the time we got the demi-glaze on the side we were already done with the meat. The steak cost us over $30 apiece. It was so bad if I had been at Denny's and paid $15 I would have sent it back and refused to pay for it. Since we were in a group and didn't want to wait we just sat and ate it. This place is very hit and miss. I may or may not go back for a long time, but if I do I have ordered my last steak there. In addition, the place was fairly dirty and the carpet looked as if it hadn't been cleaned or vacuumed for a long time. The only thing that comes close to justifying the high price of meals is the creek side dining. The food quality certainly doesn't justify the cost.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Richard K
Reviewed 5 March 2016

We visited Whistlin Jack Lodge for an impromptu overnight stay.
It is in a beautiful location and has a great hot tub which we enjoyed.
BUT....
I have never seen used such small, cheap towels. They were supposed to be bath towels but they were tiny and so thin. Very cheap and when the accommodation is not cheap you expect a bath towel to actually be a bath towel - not a hand towel.
The toiletries provided were horribly cheap too considering the price you pay.
Dinner was OK.
We probably won't bother going back - too many cheap cost-cutting methods for the price you pay.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple