All reviewschinook passgas stationthe riverwindow seatcottage
Reviewed 28 June 2016

Just whistle as you pass by. Drive on to the next available place. Service was so terrible, I don't even know where to start. Snide remarks when we asked for a table; a waitress said she'd come get our drink order and 10 minutes later she comes back with a snarky remark asking if we thought she forgot about us (Yes, we did because you still haven't taken our drink order). They were so disorganized that we couldn't actually tell who was our waitress. It took so long that the young gal (Elizabeth) busing the tables brought water and then maybe 10 minutes later our drink order finally came. They finally came and got our order, we then waited forever for salads. During this entire time, the table next to us had their order taken, food served, eaten, table cleared and reset - our meals were nowhere in sight. I made a direct inquiry at the kitchen and was ensured it was on its way. Yet, we waited. Then we saw the food coming out on a platter and unfortunately it wasn't for us - it was for the table that had arrived 30 minutes after us! That was it, I had lost my patience, went into the kitchen with the entire staff present and told them how disappointed we were. I told them that they need to improve their teamwork and reminded them of the great potential they have but I will never return. And in reading all the other reviews it is obvious that this has been going on for some time and I have no faith that they will correct it. One great employee was the young polite and professional girl, Elizabeth who we thanked graciously for trying.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Angie R
Reviewed 9 May 2016

4 of us went for dinner. Part of the food was OK. Not great, but OK. Two of us had New York Steaks. I ordered mine medium. It came out less than 1/2" thick and well done. 1/4 of the steak was fat and gristle and inedible, the rest was tough and poor quality. They were supposed to have a demi-glaze. We had to show the waitress the menu to prove to her they came out wrong. By the time we got the demi-glaze on the side we were already done with the meat. The steak cost us over $30 apiece. It was so bad if I had been at Denny's and paid $15 I would have sent it back and refused to pay for it. Since we were in a group and didn't want to wait we just sat and ate it. This place is very hit and miss. I may or may not go back for a long time, but if I do I have ordered my last steak there. In addition, the place was fairly dirty and the carpet looked as if it hadn't been cleaned or vacuumed for a long time. The only thing that comes close to justifying the high price of meals is the creek side dining. The food quality certainly doesn't justify the cost.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Richard K
Reviewed 5 March 2016

We visited Whistlin Jack Lodge for an impromptu overnight stay.
It is in a beautiful location and has a great hot tub which we enjoyed.
BUT....
I have never seen used such small, cheap towels. They were supposed to be bath towels but they were tiny and so thin. Very cheap and when the accommodation is not cheap you expect a bath towel to actually be a bath towel - not a hand towel.
The toiletries provided were horribly cheap too considering the price you pay.
Dinner was OK.
We probably won't bother going back - too many cheap cost-cutting methods for the price you pay.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Clare C
Reviewed 26 November 2015

This place has gotten some harsh review lately, BUT I'm here to say that my Thanksgiving meal was great. Lovely white tablecloths, great down home turkey dinner, same great view and excellent service.
If you've been disappointed, do try again!

Stayed: November 2015
1  Thank terrymarie
Reviewed 16 November 2015

The location of this cottage is great, it is right on the river and a short walk to the restaurant and the Fireside Lounge. We had an early dinner at the restaurant and enjoyed the food. The cottage is in need of some tender loving care. You really need to bring all of the utensils and pans you need to cook with their knives barely cut. The hot tub was well maintained and we used that every day, make sure you bring your own towel. It would be helpful if they had a place to hang that wet towel to dry other than outside on the cottage. We went to the Fireside Lounge every night and danced to the music of Don Forgey, he made the stay fantastic.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends