“Where was the service?”

Pacioni's Pizzaria
Ranked #9 of 135 Restaurants in Mount Vernon
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

We wanted to eat at Pacioni's Pizzaria on Friday about 5:30. We had driven 45 minutes because my husband likes their pizza. The restaurant was crowded. They didn't have a host/hostess seating people. There was a chalkboard sign to seat yourself. Customers were left to their own devices to find a table. The only open tables had reserved signs on them. (We had no idea they accept reservations. How many pizzarias do that?) We wandered the restaurant along with about 10 other customers and then left, just like people we saw leaving as we came in. I doubt we will return. Maybe there was a reason for this disorganization, but it isn't worth driving so far to be disappointed.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Came here for a family dinner on a Friday night around 7PM. It was full but it only took about 5 mins and we were sat at a nice booth. Our server was right there getting us started with drinks. My nephew got the lasagna, I got the Glutton Calzone and the rest of the family all got individual 10" pizzas. The selection of pizza was amazing. There is a pizza for everyone. My gutton calzone had pepp, their special italian sausage (It's sooo good!) ham, shrooms and a couple different cheeses. My God it was good. I don't live in the area and now that I'm home again, I'm jonesen for another calzone from this place. Guess where I'm going next time I'm in town? The individual pizzas were thin crust, with very good sauce, and cheese and then their different toppings. They also have a gluten free crust that's pretty good too. The lasagna was brought in a bowl with crispy burnt cheese all around the edge. Can we all agree that that is the best part of any lasagna or cheese casserole? The lasagna is made with their own sausage and as I mentioned before, it's top notch. Great flavor! The sauce is lovely with plenty of cheese. It's by far the best lasagna I've ever tasted. It's hard to decide which was best, the calzone or the lasagna. Either are 'for sure' things. Great crusts on everything! the pizza, the calzone, and the lasagna!
The only con is no salads included in your meal. My calzone was $15 and yes it was to die for, but I would've given that final star on my rating if I would've been given a salad. We got salads and they were quite good for dinner salads but still, it would be nice to have it included as part of the dinner. Still, I'll come back, I'll just be prepared to spend some cash. Definitely not cheap eats, but it's very good food!
The ambiance is nice, low key, romantically dark in the evening with candles. They are willing to accommodate kids though too.
Parking is street parking but even on a Friday night we found a spot nearby.
Didn't hit the bathroom folks so I can't give you a report on how clean the facilities were but I doubt it was like an Arco Station. This is a nice place but not so nice that you can't wear your jeans and a sweatshirt. But...if you want to go there from prom dressed in a formal, you'll fit in too. A nice kind of casual.
They had lovely desserts but I couldn't even think of it as I ate my whole calzone. I probably shouldn't have but I was just saying that it was so damn good right then when it's hot and later after it cooled, it wouldn't be as good. So I ate the whole thing. I'm betting though that I was probably wrong in that assumption and that it could very possibly be even better later, cold. I just didn't want to test the theory! Maybe next time. NOT!

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed a very nice lunch with friends here. Rachel was amazing, the restaurant was busy and she was the only front end person working, yet she was calm and friendly.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

I have eaten at Pacioni's a number of times over the last year and always seem to come away thinking it could have been better or that i would rather have eaten somewhere else. They have a panini/salad lunch special that is popular. The paninis are good but small (ingredients are tasty) and the salad is usually on the weak side. (My last visit had wilted greens.) Price is right around 10, which is relatively steep for what you are getting. Staff service is sporadic and they usually appear to be busy and understaffed. I have come on multiple occasions and had to wait for some time before a server came over. Pizzas are also on the small side - the brewery a few blocks over does a better job on those.

1  Thank PNW2010
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Four of us had dinner at Pacioni's on Thursday evening. The service was a bit on slow side but friendly. Our toddlers received crayons and papers to draw on. Also they had two high chairs. We ordered Italian soda with peach flavour, pizza and their traditional lasagna. Both dishes were delicious.
We would go back there when we are in Mount Vernon again.