All reviews hot tub an older property definitely stay here again nice breakfast parking lot dairy queen tulip festival off the highway night's sleep quiet room easy access waffles convenient location great place to stay comfortable beds front desk staff coffee maker
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Arrived check in easy and friendly, given the hose to wash our bikes. Very nice. Room was spacious, up to date, huge shower. Great tv micro fridge in room. Hot breakfast was very good. Dairy queen 30 second walk from hotel, nice option. Easy off highway. All in all a great stay.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2018

this hotel has individual room access which i really like when staying in smaller towns. there are restaurants that share the parking lot and many more as well as shops very close by. it is located in a quiet area which makes for undisturbed sleep and a good working environment. it has a small but nice breakfast area and they offer the standard breakfast fare served fresh and hot. some staff members could be a little more pleasant but no one was rude or disrespectful. it was perfect for what i needed and close to where i was working so i really have no complaints.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Marc B
Reviewed 10 September 2018

Very friendly. The guy at the front dest was funny and very helpful... Rooms were clean and the beds were very comfy. The breakfast was so good, eggs, hashbrowns, waffels, juice and everything to go with it.

Room tip: Great place to stay
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Reserved a non smoking room same day and checked in for 3 nights but only slept 2 nights in the room. Gone all day as it was a summer family visit only in the room for sleep. I only even ate breakfast the morning I checked out. I do not smoke cigarette, nor chew tobacco neither use marijuana but 2 days after I am back to my home state I get charged $200 for smoking marijuana. I am so furious and helpless, and I got put on hold so many times and made to speak with different people on the phone but they said their hands are tied. I even said I can have my blood drawn or check my hair to prove I did not cause that smell in the room. I specifically asked for a non smoking room because I do not smoke. So no resolution, I am accused and so I pay $200 as a result. Apart from the $400+ I have already been charged at check out. My advise when u check out take a picture of all the corners of the room have the employee check the room while you are still there so there is no tricky surprises and false accusations after. It was suppose to be a happy summer vacation visit but left a bad taste in my mouth because of this worst hotel experience and it is not even a five star hotel. I think the hotel should get their employees checked for drugs or marijuana instead of being suspicious and blaming the smell to their loyal clients.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank maegraceg
BWCollegeWayInn, Manager at Best Western College Way Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Dear MaeGrace G,

We are sorry that your recent stay with us proved to be a negative one. While we do have a policy in place that states “room rate will increase $200.00 for smoking/burning anything in room (marijuana),” we do our best to carefully look at each situation before charging the guest. Unfortunately, the strong odor in the room at check-out was enough to sicken a housekeeper and the room had to be held overnight for airing out/extra cleaning. (A member of management also accompanied the head housekeeper to check the room to confirm the odor before your card was checked.)

We do not take the charging of a guest’s credit card lightly. Unfortunately, the circumstances in this case warranted charges.

Management & Staff
BW College Way Inn

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

People: arrived at 2:30, informed by desk man that check in is 4:00. Had to tell him that we had a wedding at 4:30 and needed to change clothes before he called to see if our room was ready. In the end allowed us to check in early. I give this. C+.

Room: spacious bed area, spotless cleaning. King bed is comfortable. Tiny (and I mean the smallest I've ever experienced!) sink and bathroom area. I'm a girl...girl's gotta have room to do her hair and get ready. Dressing impossible in the bathroom. Can hear neighbors talking...needs better Windows and insulation. Bedroom is a B and bathroom a C-,only because it's clean.

Location: easy access to highway, yet traffic noise minimal...about 2 miles from old town Mt. Vernon.

Overall, the price isn't justified. Spent $124 for the night thru Booking.com. should be less for the value. Trip advisor offers it a little less a day later (should have used T.A.! :-)! Still overpriced.

Trip type: Travelled with friends