“Fabulous Northern Indian Cuisine”
Review of Taste of India

Taste of India
Ranked #13 of 133 Restaurants in Mount Vernon
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

My wife and I went to dinner at The Taste of India near the river in beautiful downtown Mount Vernon Washington. The restaurant is cozy and has outdoor seating. The building construction is modern and new. The restaurant is very clean. We were greeted and seated immediately the wait staff is very kind and helpful with the menu. My wife ordered the butter chicken and it was fabulous. I would highly recommend getting the buttered chicken. The garlic naan is basted with garlic and ghee with basil garnish. So delicious we ordered another serving. They have plain naan but we aren't sure who would not want the garlic and ghee! I had the curry lamb and it was delicious. Food served family style. Each person receives a platenof white and yellow rice. This is a lomg light rice from the north of India. Take a drive and go to a great restaurant then a nice river walk after dinner. Our server was Deerti. She is very nice and a good conversationalist. You won't be sorry you tried the Taste of India

Reviewed 23 May 2017

I never had Indian Food Cuisine before this visit to :TASTE OF INDIA". It was delicious and I came back to work and told all my Co-Workers about this place. What a GREAT place in my own community!!

Reviewed 4 May 2017

Wow, how disappointing, there are more and more Indian restaurants showing up in the Northwest these days. We have enjoyed many of them, especially around the Seattle area, so when we passed the Taste of India here in out Vernon, we had to try it. We ordered a Chicken Curry, a Lamb Vindaloo, and their Garlic Nan. Wow, 1 minute later food showed up on the table. Howe did they do that?? Oh yea, everything made ahead?? Only problem, they both looked exactly alike, and we could barely tell which was which. Sauces appeared to be identical. oh yea, the other part that made them hard to tell apart??? so little lamb scraps and scraps of chicken we couldn't;t find the meat through the very overly thick sauce. we never did figure out what was in the sauce, some sort of food processed vegetable matter?? Besides no meat in the dishes, horrible sauces, extremely small portions, the rice wasn't too bad. Only bad part about that was paying such high prices for some vegetable matter and a little bit of rice. Can we say anything good about this place besides the overly crowded tables?? Questionable Cheff????? High price for what you get ??? Well, yes, the people were very nice, so nice in fact we didn't want to hurt their feelings by telling them how bad their food was, so we just paid our bill and left.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

I'm guessing we did not have the same food prepared by the same people as the other reviewers. Most of our meal ended up as food scraps in our hen house. The plates looked beautiful, but the samosa was bland, the pakora uninspired and the sauces and chutney offered little remedy. The bhaji like fritter was impossibly salty. The curry was the biggest disappointment. The cook did not make the effort to develop anything close to depth of flavor or richness and the resulting sauce was vapid. The veggies were a mix of under-cooked carrots, overcooked potatoes that must have been left over from a previous deep-fried preparation and tasteless green bell peppers. The best tasting ingredient in the curry was the frozen peas. The naan lacked the usual blistering and firmness, but both it and the side of rice looked beautiful, probably due to the use of asafoetida. The location and service were great and I think we caught them on a day they did not have it all together in the kitchen.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

We found this tiny restaurant and were so glad! Very friendly family and super yummy food. We tried the kofta, vindaloo and tikka masala curries with some naans. Everything was yummy and perfect! Easily some of the best Indian food I have eaten in the US.