“Fabulous Northern Indian Cuisine”
Review of Taste of India

Taste of India
Ranked #15 of 130 Restaurants in Mount Vernon
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

My wife and I went to dinner at The Taste of India near the river in beautiful downtown Mount Vernon Washington. The restaurant is cozy and has outdoor seating. The building construction is modern and new. The restaurant is very clean. We were greeted and seated immediately the wait staff is very kind and helpful with the menu. My wife ordered the butter chicken and it was fabulous. I would highly recommend getting the buttered chicken. The garlic naan is basted with garlic and ghee with basil garnish. So delicious we ordered another serving. They have plain naan but we aren't sure who would not want the garlic and ghee! I had the curry lamb and it was delicious. Food served family style. Each person receives a platenof white and yellow rice. This is a lomg light rice from the north of India. Take a drive and go to a great restaurant then a nice river walk after dinner. Our server was Deerti. She is very nice and a good conversationalist. You won't be sorry you tried the Taste of India

Reviewed 11 April 2017

We found this tiny restaurant and were so glad! Very friendly family and super yummy food. We tried the kofta, vindaloo and tikka masala curries with some naans. Everything was yummy and perfect! Easily some of the best Indian food I have eaten in the US.

Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

Loved it. I want to go back. The butter chicken is easily the best I've had of any my entire life!
The service was also really good. I'm pretty sure it's just a family owned restaurant and they were so humble and kind.
I will say, however, that in their current location (as of April 2017), I wouldn't recommend groups larger than 4. In fact, groups of 2 are more ideal. This restaurant is quite small with few tables and seats.
Great place though! Satisfaction through the roof!!

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

The place has it all! It's family friendly and family run. The food is delicious and freshly made. The staff is always warm, inviting, and excited about the food that they serve and always wanting to make their customers happy! Summer time is great to visit here when the doors open to the river! If you are looking for a great meal with great people, you need to go to Taste of India!

1  Thank Elizabeth A
Reviewed 1 February 2017

Went here for the first time last week, got great service from the owner. Genuine Indian food served with a smile. Had enough for leftovers for the next day.