“Excellent Queen's Tea!”

Ranked #26 of 133 Restaurants in Mount Vernon
Price range: US$5 - US$35
Cuisines: American, British
Reviewed 20 June 2017

My sister and I have a summer tradition. Find someplace to have "high tea." However, I moved across the country, so when she finally came to visit me, we had to find someplace to rekindle the tradition. We chose the Olde Towne Grainery Tea Room based on reviews and were not disappointed! We had the Queen's Tea and had too much food to eat! The quiche was the best we've ever eaten, the salad was so delicious I could have ate it all day long and nothing more. We had 6 different tea sandwiches each, two scones a piece, and an array of homemade desserts. Did I mention, too much food?! We each got to choose our own tea, both of which were delicious. Everything was fresh and tasty. The cucumber sandwiches were a little different than the norm, usually made with boursin cheese, but these had some other flavors in it. They were still very good, but I prefer the "regular" cucumber sandwich, not that I'm complaining mind you! The food was incredible and I hope they stay in business a long time, because we plan to go back when she visits again, which I hope will be next year, or when my mom visits, which I also hope will be next year! The owners were delightful to talk to and shared many stories and also showed us lots of unique items. They made us feel like we were their favorite and best customers, ever. Thank you for a wonderful memory with my sister, whom I hadn't seen in two years.

PS
She only made it halfway across the bridge. ;)

Reviewed 22 April 2017

Hidden treasure- always an enjoyable experience every time. Quiet, peaceful atmosphere, attentive waiter. Great place to spend with friends where you can relax while having a delicious meal and choose from a wide variety of teas.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

My daughter and I love to eat here and just relax! We enjoy bringing friends who also enjoy the atmosphere and delicious food and teas.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

An enjoyable experience having tea and small sandwiches with friends. Nicely laid out so we could have our own conversation. Owners very cordial and nice.

Reviewed 21 May 2016

This Tea room is truly a throw back in time. Decorated with antiques and tea service from a bygone era. This is where to go if you want to take a deep breath from fast paced modern life. It is run by an older couple. He is the host and waiter. She is back in the kitchen whipping up fabulousness. I am not a tea drinker and ordered the lemonade, for $3 they bring you an entire carafe of homemade lemonade that was delightful. They have a soup of the day, two salads to chose from, the day I was there my daughter had the caesar and quite liked it, I had the spring greens with goat cheese, dried cranberries, slivered almonds and a raspberry poppy seed dressing. It was fabulous and perfectly dressed. My daughter and friend had the tea service for two. They enjoyed their tea, her friend had the soup, a carrot bisque that he said could have been a little smoother in texture but delightful in taste. The 3 tiers of scones, finger sandwiches ad small desserts was an array of well made yummies. His favorite was the roast beef sandwich with cherry tomato with just a hint of horseradish. Her favorite finger sandwich was a mildly curried egg salad, in fact we had to go home and try to recreate it. They enjoyed the scones and desserts, especially the devonshire cream that was served on the side to adore them. They offered two quiches. I had the asparagus and mushroom. It was crustless and the flavor was fabulous and chock full of tender asparagus and mushrooms. This is not somewhere to go if you are in a time crunch. Considering how wonderful the food was and the great variety served with the tea service, we felt the prices were most reasonable.. We did spend over $50 for the 3 of us, but went home with two doggie bags, so we had enough for another meal. We will be making this a regular stop in our travels. And yes the salad and the quiche were gluten free...