“A Visitor's Delight”

Cuisines: American, Irish, British
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2017

On a road trip through Mt. Vernon we stopped at the Trumpeter Public House for our last dinner on the road with our Corvette friends. I had the seafood duo special, the rest had salads and crab cakes. My seafood duo was cod and prawns. I can say it was very good. Everyone else enjoyed their meals too. The ambiance was nice and the service was a bit slow, three meals came to our table and we waited several minutes for the fourth meal to show up. But it did and was enjoyable. The beer selection was pretty good too.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Good location with lots of capacity with nearby parking on the riverfront. Typical bar and beer fare. Friendly service.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Love their lamb burgers, hubby loves the Shepherds pie and hamburgers, great beer selection. Nice setting. A favorite!

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

I tend to go here woth my husband on our anniversary or on my birthday. Their filet melts in your mouth. The shepherds pie is to die for. Can't get enough of this place. Yum.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

The food is pretty good, but seems over priced. Even though Children are allowed at certain times the staff act like they are an inconvenience and are not particularly friendly to adults either. Still it's pretty good food and the beverage selection is decent.