“Friendly people, good food”
Review of Taste of India

Taste of India
Ranked #51 of 130 Restaurants in Mount Vernon
Reviewed 24 November 2017

They helped my kids choose some Indian dishes from the menu and not make them too spicy. Our food was great and the chai was some of the best I'd had.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

We had been to their previous location and were not happy with the food (but the service was good and the people nice) The changes they have made at their new location is much better. This is a small restaurant, it has 16 seats. No more buffet! YAY! Best improvement. Now they can concentrate on just a few dishes. My husband started off with a Mango Lassi (3.99), how delicious this was...I could have had my own but we shared, thank goodness. We ordered what Is my favorite thing on Indian menu's butter chicken (11.99) with an order of garlic naan (2.99). If the butter chicken is not good, i wouldn't go back, but it was quite good, we ordered it with one star and I am glad we did because that was enough hot for me (I am a wimp). The butter chicken also came with rice and the rice was good. The garlic naan was very good, soft like a pillow. We used it to sop all the sauce from the butter chicken. We will be back again. We shared one dish with naan (20.62) and that was plenty of food for us. I wish them well on this new location. We will be back to try more food. In the summertime, you can even eat outside.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

We went to this restaurant because the place we originally picked was quite busy. I had heard about this place from a friend after going to Naan and Brew in Bellingham who said it was an excellent restaurant for Indian food. I had the lamb Biryani and it had nice flavor, it was on the warmer side though as heat goes. Their Naam bread was very good.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

I never had Indian Food Cuisine before this visit to :TASTE OF INDIA". It was delicious and I came back to work and told all my Co-Workers about this place. What a GREAT place in my own community!!

Reviewed 4 May 2017

Wow, how disappointing, there are more and more Indian restaurants showing up in the Northwest these days. We have enjoyed many of them, especially around the Seattle area, so when we passed the Taste of India here in out Vernon, we had to try it. We ordered a Chicken Curry, a Lamb Vindaloo, and their Garlic Nan. Wow, 1 minute later food showed up on the table. Howe did they do that?? Oh yea, everything made ahead?? Only problem, they both looked exactly alike, and we could barely tell which was which. Sauces appeared to be identical. oh yea, the other part that made them hard to tell apart??? so little lamb scraps and scraps of chicken we couldn't;t find the meat through the very overly thick sauce. we never did figure out what was in the sauce, some sort of food processed vegetable matter?? Besides no meat in the dishes, horrible sauces, extremely small portions, the rice wasn't too bad. Only bad part about that was paying such high prices for some vegetable matter and a little bit of rice. Can we say anything good about this place besides the overly crowded tables?? Questionable Cheff????? High price for what you get ??? Well, yes, the people were very nice, so nice in fact we didn't want to hurt their feelings by telling them how bad their food was, so we just paid our bill and left.