“Huge Portions”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Visiting Moses Lake from the UK and this restaurant was recommended to me by one of my US relatives. I noticed there had recently been mixed reviews about food and service, so went in with an open mind.

When I walked in despite being a single diner I was asked whether I wanted a table or a much sought after booth. I chose the latter. I was quickly seated and the menu presented to me.

I ordered one of the local Ten Pin pineapple wheat beers and this came quickly along with a glass of iced water. Although I had read in previous reviews service was slow the waitress, Yvette, had to come to me a couple of times before taking my order as I hadn't made my choice because the menu is quite extensive. Once I did eventually order I don't think it was much more than 5 minutes before my appetiser arrived.

I ordered the Jalapeno Bottle Caps as my appetiser. I love jalapenos but have not seen them cooked this way in the UK - in a light tempura batter, served with ranch sauce. They were really good and the portion size clearly would have served two. While I still had a few jalapenos left my main course arrived. That is one thing that irritates me in a restaurant as I like to have a few minutes 'breather' between courses, but I guess I couldn't complain about slow service - just a little too quick for me on this occasion.

I chose the ribs and chicken for my main course. The short rack of ribs was huge and there were two sizeable chicken fillets in breadcrumbs alongside, as well as some chunky chips (which I understand are bottomless). On the side was some coleslaw and sauces. Having had such a big appetiser I knew I was going to struggle with this plate of food. I did my best but was defeated, leaving some chips and a couple of ribs. The waitress asked if I wanted to take away what was left, but I declined.

All-in-all, despite the irritation of the second course arriving while I was still eating my first, this was a great meal and I highly recommend.

Lindsey F, Public Relations Manager at Rock Top Burgers & Brews, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Thank you. We hope you enjoy your stay in town. Have a wonderful day and travel safe.

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

We went to this restaurant because it was recommended by the front counter at the hotel where we stayed. We arrived around 9:15pm and we ordered chili cheese fries as appetizer. It arrived like warm and it turned cold halfway, it’s also very salty. Since the restaurant is called burgers and brews, so we assumed their burger should be very good. We ordered their Patriot burger. It was bad, the burger was so burnt that it didn’t just taste burnt, but it was very hard. The waitress was very nice to have the burger taken off from a bill. The outside of the restaurant is very nice and they do have a very nice patio, but I would not recommend this restaurant and I will not go back either.

Lindsey F, Public Relations Manager at Rock Top Burgers & Brews, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

We are very sorry to hear about this. At your earliest convenience, please call and ask to speak to Andrea, the General Manager at 509-766-9000 so we can be sure to resolve these issues. Thank you for your time and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

Great food, but very loud music. What ever happened to "background" music. You cannot visit with your table mate, music is just too loud.

Lindsey F, Public Relations Manager at Rock Top Burgers & Brews, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Thank you for letting us know. We appreciate the feedback from our guests.

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Service was friendly and swift. We had a burger which was cooked perfectly and was a large portion. Also had the fish sandwich which was good too. Would definitely get it again. Had a fajita salad or whatever they call it. It was good as well and the portion was big. Overall it tasted like an average meal at a chain type restaurant.

Thank you for giving us a try. We look forward to serving you again soon. :)

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

We brought in a large group (35 people) while in town for a sporting event. They were able to seat us all within the same area in smaller groups. They were efficient in taking orders and fairly fast at getting our food out with such a large group! Everyone loved their food! The menu has a wide variety so there was something for everyone! My blackened salmon Caesar salad was delicious!!!

Lindsey F, Public Relations Manager at Rock Top Burgers & Brews, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Thank you for letting us know.... we appreciate you all giving us a try. :)