All reviews tulalip casino outlet mall premium outlets front desk pancake maker room was clean underground parking free breakfast breakfast bar yogurt complimentary shuttle a great stay king room shuttle service hie freeway walmart
Reviewed 21 July 2016

I chose this hotel because it was close to my mom and sister Everything was perfect the room was clean and spacious the price was good the breakfast was nice The coffee was tasty the service at the front desk very professional they always greeted us a big hello or have a great day. I can see myself using this hotel again in the future in fact I'm going to recommend this hotel to another sister going to visit mom next summer Happy from California

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank teachlilonescr
Reviewed 15 July 2016

Flew to Seattle, drove to Portland and then to Vancouver. This hotel was used for the last night before flying out of Seattle. A Candlewood Suites in Portland and a Holiday Inn Express in Vancouver, came before this one. I've reviewed them too.

This hotel was chosen for two reasons. One was price, it was half the cost of a hotel in Seattle of similar quality. It was north of Seattle, which would allow us to explore Seattle a few hours before the flight, without backtracking.

Location:
It is 35 miles from the center of Seattle and about 45 miles from Sea-Tac Airport.
From the Marysville 88th St. exit, the hotel is only about 3 blocks aways. Nearby was an Applebee's and a Starbuck.

Too tired to get up early and beat the traffic into Seattle. Turned out that leaving the hotel around 9am, allows traffic to pass by and die down.

Exterior:
Had an uneasy feeling when I drove into the parking lot. It seemed just a little too dark, however I utilized the underground parking garage. Didn't really get a good look at the building because of late check-in hour (almost midnight).

Room:
Honestly, because of fatigue, all I can tell you was that the room was clean, seem to be maintained and there were no problems.

I was a little disturbed because the check-in clerk, had the system doing an audit when we arrived, so I had to write down my credit card information on a piece of paper so she could input it later. Since we'd call her when we expected to be getting in late, we thought she should have waited to do that.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lifetraveler1
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marysville, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2016

Dear Lifetraveler1,

Thank you for staying with us and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I am sorry for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay with us. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Thank you again for staying with us and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
IHGService

Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

I booked and paid my hotel through Hotels.com, and I brought my dog along. On Hotels.com website, under the section: Mandatory charges, it said Pet DEPOSIT US$40 per stay. Therefore, I was a bit confused, whether it is a CHARGE or it is a DEPOSIT. I called the hotel 1877 toll free number twice at two different time, the line dropped, I could not connect to anyone, therefore, I called Hotels.com to verify. The person told me it is a deposit, you could get it back at check out. Therefore, we booked the hotel. When we arrived the hotel, we were told it is a FEE, not deposit. I spoke to the General Manager, she blamed me that I did not call the hotel directly, which I did twice, but she said that 1877 number is the central line number, not the hotel direct number (How am I suppose to know? It listed under this hotel). She blamed hotels.com that they gave out wrong information, which is true. But, according to the front desk, this issue was brought up to their attention, and she admitted that she received phone calls before that people had to call and verify, but hotel did not care to change it. The worst part was, the GM Jennifer, the whole time, she was yelling at my ear, she raised her voice so loud that I actually have to ask her to lower her voice. She said I could choose to cancel my booking at check in when I knew the charge. I said I booked and paid the hotel in full, last minute, in summer time, where a country/city that I'm not familiar with, what am I going to do, she said, "I dont know". I cannot believe a GM of a hotel can say something like that. Anyway, she made it like none of their business, and it was my fault that I did not do my research right. Holiday Inn always promote the hospitality promise: "Making your stay a complete success is our goal. Just let our Manager on Duty or front desk staff know if any part of your stay isnt satisfactory. We promise to make it right or you wont pay for that part of your stay." Dont mention she did not make it right, she made it WORSE.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marysville, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2016

Dear TYGD,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marysville, WA. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen Gray
IHG Service

Reviewed 20 June 2016 via mobile

Meeting old friends was easy with the great location near shopping, food and casino for those that gamble. Hotel clean, great service and good breakfast. The room was clean well appointed and nice firm bed. Easy freeway access. Very close to variety of food options and the Seattle Outlet mall for some serious shopping.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank kflyfish
Reviewed 19 June 2016

We travel up this way once a year for an annual golf tournament my daughter plays in. Usually, we stay at the Hampton Inn located in Everett; however, this time we thought we would like to stay closer to the outlets and possible see some new sites. At a government employee's rate we paid $169, so it was already discounted from the original price. Then I booked a king bed with a couch, we got 2 queens. These beds are horrible, not only are they lumpy, but the bed my daughter and I were in had a spring or something loose, it literally stabbed me all night. My husband is 6'4 so we never get queens, and if they had not been booked up I would have requested a room change. Needless to say, I only got about 3 hours of sleep.
Secondly, the breakfast may look good, but it was not. The eggs were cold, sausage was burnt, and the selection was not as promising as they presented.
For the price we paid, which is about $40 more than when I stay at our usual location, I expected a much nicer room, at least the tv could have been bigger.
This morning I mentioned the bed and the spring to the front desk and I got told, "Your room is already at a discounted rate, I can't do anything else but give you some points to use for another stay." The points have not posted and what makes you think I want to come back here to stay. Stay clear of this place, stay in Everett at the Hampton Inn and drive an extra 20 minutes.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank andreazL5586NN
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marysville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2016

Dear Andrea Z,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class experience, however, it appears we fell short of our goal on your visit. We would like to apologize for failing to meet your expectations regarding our beds, breakfast selection and room amenities. We also regret the issues you had with our staff. Your feedback is troubling and will surely be looked into. Rest assured it will be reviewed and most certainly be forwarded to the appropriate departments to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. In addition, we have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay.

While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope to have another opportunity to provide you with a much better experience.

Joel A