“Decent Korean Food”

Add it.
Sam Oh Jung Restaurant
Ranked #177 of 308 Restaurants in Lynnwood
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Decent and reliable food. Not too salty or sweet as some Korean restaurants tend to be. Not over loaded with msg although my suspicion is that there is some based on aftermath effects.

My preference is to go at lunch as I think dinner prices are a bit too much for what it is. I like the spicy kimchi pork. It's spicy and packs a punch but still leaves you wanting more. The tofu soup is always a safe bet.

There are a couple of young waitresses who are great. I never have any problems and always leave happy. The older waitresses, a couple of times made me want to rethink going again. Overall though still a good choice if you're craving Korean/Asian food.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

We stopped here for lunch with my family of 3. We ordered off the lunch specials. We ordered seafood pancake + seafood/beef soon dobu(medium), kalbi + seafood/beef soon dobu (spicy), and an extra seafood/beef soon dobu (medium). We were pleasantly surprised by the amount of side dishes (6); all were delicious but the kimchee one had more of a strong ginger taste. The portions were large and the soondobu had a decent amount of seafood (each one had 4 shrimps!). Of note, the spicy one is quite spicy...so be careful. They serve the korean multigrain rice (purple) here. The kalbi was very tender and was marinated well. The waitress asked us several times if needed water or more side dishes. Will definitely be coming back! Very authentic and flavours were done well.

Reviewed 16 August 2016

HORRIBLE customer service. The owner should replace this kitchen manager or whatever her position is. I ordered a lunch special ah goo jjim (steamed monkfish) and there was hardly a fish in it. Just pile of bean sprouts and literally 3 pieces of fish flesh that are about a size of a thumbnail. But this is not the part I got mad.

I kindly ask the server thinking that this might be a mistake or something. The server was tentative and asked this "manager" and I just happened to hear what she said on my back (I was sitting right next to the kitchen entrance). She said "don't eat it then" bluntly on my back. I ordered a fish meal not a bunch of veggie mixed with sauces for $18.99. I was really shocked that she even said that to me. Then she came to me and looked at me saying "what's the problem?" She said the fish is naturally this small and it's suppose to be like this and went away...I know what a monkfish like and how big the fish is. I don't know where they get the fish but she must have thought I never had this dish before... I was very shocked on this person's manner. Very stuck up manner. I don't know if she's always like that to other customers or Koreans but I was never treated like this in a restaurant telling me to not eat it. So I can't even ask or comment about the food I ordered?? Very disappointed...will never visit here and recommend here again.

Reviewed 6 September 2015 via mobile

I was here yesterday and I had the worst experience. The waitress got us the wrong entree and insisted that she was right and wouldn't change out the food. I asked to speak to the manager and she said that she's been here the longest and that I can't talk to the owner. She basically fought with me for like 10 minutes. I've never treated so badly at a food place before. She had the worst attitude! The food was also salty and sickly sweet [the soup]
U

Reviewed 11 June 2015 via mobile

We have great time for lunch time. The food is good, we have kalbi, pancake seafood lunch combo menu and big portion. Worth to coming back.

Been to Sam Oh Jung Restaurant? Share your experiences!