“A Nice Change”

Sukuri Sushi
Ranked #21 of 146 Restaurants in Longview
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 18 February 2018

I typically order a Bento Box lunch which is always a good choice here, however I wanted to change it up and order something really different this visit, so I went for the Lion King Roll.
It's 8 California rolls topped with baked avocado, real crab meat, tempura flakes, green onions, and topped with tobiko. Very unusual. Both hot and cold temperatures in this roll.
The enterior is nothing fancy, but the sushi, sashimi, bento boxes and service is all good.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

It doesn't look like anything special from the outside but,my God, you have got to go in and eat. Table settings, the decor and and the ambiance is typical Oriental but the food is the best I've had in Florida. I ordered soft shell crab tempura and still smile every time I think of it. My daughter, who lives here, had a couple kinds of sushi and she said it was the best sushi she has ever eaten and she lived in Arizona, New Mexico, Illinois and Jersey and has tried Sushi and all those places. I'm here for 4 months and we decided to go once a week, we liked it that much. One criticism, there was too much dressing on the house salad but I can live with that.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 15 December 2017

Ordered the chicken teriyaki bento box and added a California roll with fresh crab. It was delivered within 20 minute and was hot and wonderful.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 13 March 2017

My goal is to traverse the menu. I have worked my way through have the sushi and wavered with some of their unique special/limited offerings. Food is always fresh, delicious, healthy while staff greets me with warmth and charm. Iced tea and hot tea are always terrific! Would eat here everyday if possible!

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

The interior lacks a bit in the atmosphere department, but you forget that once you recieve your food.
They offer at least 5 bento box combos for lunch that all sound great, so after weighing my options I chose the chicken teriyaki with tempura veggies and shrimp, rice, and salad. Miso soup comes with the bento boxes as well.
The portion of chicken was generous as was the tempura veggies and shrimp. Everything was nice and hot.
I also ordered the creamy scallop sushi. It was very rich, with fresh scallops, mayo, and tobiko.
They have WIFI, comfy booths, hot green tea, and lots of parking.
I will be going back for more.

Date of visit: February 2017