“Great pizza, poor children's party place”

Papa Pete's Pizza #2
Ranked #68 of 129 Restaurants in Longview
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 8 January 2017

I was invited to a birthday party for a toddler here. When we arrived we were directed upstairs for the party. There is no door or gate to keep children contained, and almost all of the children were under the age of 5. Because the merry-go-round and games are almost all downstairs, the kids kept trying to go downstairs. I felt it was not a safe area for small children. There is no way when you're upstairs to see the area where the kids can play downstairs, so you can't tell if it's too busy unless you keep going down to check. If the kids were older or it was a party for adults, the upstairs would have been a nice area out of the way of the other guests. Also, the hosts bought cups to get drinks, and all of the cups were huge - maybe 32 ounces? I asked about kid-sized cups and was told they only had one size. There were at least 3 children's birthday parties when we were there, and they don't have small cups?? I can't comment on the prices because our hosts paid for everything.

There are newer reviews for Papa Pete's Pizza #2

Reviewed 3 March 2016 via mobile

Love it!!! Thin crispy crust!! Great sauce and you can have such a variety of toppings. You can depend on all of their outlets having the same consistency. Better, in my opinion than any place else for pizza in western Washington

Reviewed 15 November 2015 via mobile

We always get the sweet and spicy with garlic sauce it is so good. Yes it more expensive but worth it. About 27 for a family pizza. Bread sticks are great also.

Reviewed 2 August 2015

We visited Papa Pete's Pizza in Longview and prior to writing my review, I wanted to read some of the other postings. I was really surprised why the ratings weren't higher. There weren't a lot of posts but the two that pulled it down I didn't feel were fair to this place.

One review complained that the counter staff didn't deliver pizza to their table and they had to walk up to the counter and get their own. Ridiculous. Many pizza places don't offer wait staff.

I have to agree the pizzas here cost a little more than other pizza places but there is a lot of difference. Most times we order a pizza the toppings are sparse but not here. The toppings definitely aren't sparse. The pizzas are loaded with toppings and huge. They are definitely a meal.

There were five of us and we ordered two large pizzas plus a salad. Pizzas we ordered were the taco pizza and the "sweet and spicy" (pepperoni and pineapple). The taco pizza was amazing. The crust was thin but the pizza was thick with toppings. It was delicious. The pepperoni and pineapple were packed on the other pizza. It's not everywhere the pepperoni is crunchy but it is here. Both pizzas were amazing and so out of the ordinary.

If you're looking for great pizza, this is definitely the place to go.

Reviewed 14 March 2015 via mobile

I took my crew here at end of project in town last month. When my crew arrived we all waited at counter for more than 5 minutes, just to get our drinks. It appeared they had a lot of to go orders pending, but they still should have had some one at counter to help customers.

When pizza arrived we all went up and carried back to tables. Good thing I had a large crew, because the restaurant's staff was not coming out behind the counter.

I thought pizza was good, but there are better places in town with better service, and just as good of product, for less money.

1  Thank Alana Y