“Best pizza ”

Papa Pete's Pizza #2
Ranked #65 of 133 Restaurants in Longview
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 15 November 2015 via mobile

We always get the sweet and spicy with garlic sauce it is so good. Yes it more expensive but worth it. About 27 for a family pizza. Bread sticks are great also.

Reviewed 2 August 2015

We visited Papa Pete's Pizza in Longview and prior to writing my review, I wanted to read some of the other postings. I was really surprised why the ratings weren't higher. There weren't a lot of posts but the two that pulled it down I didn't feel were fair to this place.

One review complained that the counter staff didn't deliver pizza to their table and they had to walk up to the counter and get their own. Ridiculous. Many pizza places don't offer wait staff.

I have to agree the pizzas here cost a little more than other pizza places but there is a lot of difference. Most times we order a pizza the toppings are sparse but not here. The toppings definitely aren't sparse. The pizzas are loaded with toppings and huge. They are definitely a meal.

There were five of us and we ordered two large pizzas plus a salad. Pizzas we ordered were the taco pizza and the "sweet and spicy" (pepperoni and pineapple). The taco pizza was amazing. The crust was thin but the pizza was thick with toppings. It was delicious. The pepperoni and pineapple were packed on the other pizza. It's not everywhere the pepperoni is crunchy but it is here. Both pizzas were amazing and so out of the ordinary.

If you're looking for great pizza, this is definitely the place to go.

Reviewed 14 March 2015 via mobile

I took my crew here at end of project in town last month. When my crew arrived we all waited at counter for more than 5 minutes, just to get our drinks. It appeared they had a lot of to go orders pending, but they still should have had some one at counter to help customers.

When pizza arrived we all went up and carried back to tables. Good thing I had a large crew, because the restaurant's staff was not coming out behind the counter.

I thought pizza was good, but there are better places in town with better service, and just as good of product, for less money.

1  Thank Alana Y
Reviewed 21 October 2014 via mobile

After nearly a year, I decided to give them another try.
We ordered a neater.
The salami was perfect, and the sausage was too. A little much pepperoni and the beef wasn't that noticeable, because the other meat spices took over.
The pizza was delicious.
Right amount of good sauce.
The crust was the best part. It was a nice cracker crust on the bottom, and soft and chewy on the top. It seemed to eat and taste like a high quality floor dough.
Not too much cheese... just right.... nice and stringy.
Cooked perfectly.
The only reason that I didn't give it five stars is that it was just a bit oily, buy it didn't harm the overall quality or taste.
I'll go again.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

I enjoyed the quality ingredients and preparation. We ordered a Petes Special and a Hawaiian, and both are very good. If they maintain this quality, them I'll be a regular customer.
It's a little out of town, but worth the drive. It has a nice dining area, but I really like their drive through pick up Window.
I recommend it.