“Great food and drinks”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

The food is authentic and consitent in quality and the drinks are HUGE! Good place for good Mexican food.

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

On this second visit I ordered what everyone else was eating on my first visit, the Tortilla Soup. Four tables had the Tortilla Soup and were raving about it, so it was time to see what they were so fond of.
I get it now. It is delicious!!!
The large heated bowl of deliciousness contains generous pieces of chicken, cubed avocado, diced tomatoes, onion, cilantro, spices, cheese, tortilla chips, in a lightly salted broth with a dollop of sour cream on top. By the time you have eaten half of it the tortilla chips have softened and thickened the soup, and the sour cream has dispersed and added flavor to the broth.
Now I'm spoiled. I'm going back again soon for another bowl.

1  Thank adnylp
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

My fiancé and I have been here a few times even during busy hours but was able to get a good table in the bar. They have delicious food and drinks for a great price. We will definitely be back again soon.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

Really excellent Mexican food - served on a platter! Huge menu to choose from. It seems a bit pricey at first, until you see the amount of food they bring. Excellent Sangria. Service was a bit slow, but we had a large group and the place was packed.

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

It's hard not to notice this restaurant on the Ocean Beach Highway, it's painted a bright redhots candy color. The parking lot is huge, and because there are always cars parked there in it, especially Friday night, I figured this was THE place for good Mexican food.
Being lunchtime, I ordered a chimichanga from the Side Orders menu, no rice or beans. I upped the price by ordering it with shredded beef rather than ground beef. There were no prices on the Side Order, and I didn't ask, so I had no idea what the price for my chimi would total.
I was quickly served warm chip and spicy salsa. I asked for some milder salsa, and my server brought me pico de gallo instead. That was confusing. I like to mix mild salsa and hot salsa together to get a nice medium-hot mixture. Not here.
My chimichanga came buried under shredded lettuce with a dollop each of sour cream and guacamole. I moved all the lettuce away to find a soggy, but hot, chimi. I love my chimis hot and crispy from the deep-frying. The entire tortilla was wet, limp, mushy, and soggy, so I pulled all the meat and rice out of it. You know how breakfast cereal gets soggy from the milk if you don't eat it fast enough? Same nasty texture here as well.
The bill was $9.75 for a chimi with no rice and beans (the menu states substituting shredded beef for ground beef is $2.00 extra) plus $2.65 for an iced tea, for a total of $13.38 with tax. Way too expensive for the crap I got.
I'm on the fence about trying this place again.

1  Thank adnylp