“Great menu and good food.”
Review of Red Kitchen

Red Kitchen
Ranked #22 of 140 Restaurants in Longview
Reviewed 4 January 2018

6 of us went for lunch and had good food, but the service was a little slow for most of us (the waitress apologized, it was kinda busy). All of us had salad and/or the hippie bowl. No complaints. I had a grilled caesar salad with blackened chicken and I thought it was very tasty. Nice to find a caesar salad where the romaine is actually grilled whole (2 smaller pieces from the center of the head). I was warned about the spiciness of the blackened chicken, but it wasn't very spicy at all, but it was good. I thought the dressing was very good and the croutons were nice and crunchy. All in all, not bad for a first visit of a newly opened restaurant. This is a good option in a town with few good options. In Portland, this place would be on the average side, but in Longview, it has to be considered one of the better choices. I will for sure go back and try some other dishes from the BIG menu. Also has a full bar, beer, and wine.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Went for a quiet evening with friends. I ordered the Hippy Bowl, which is quinoa with roasted veggies stirred in. Very tasty! I did not eat the toast or use the Green Goddess dressing that came on the side. One friend had ceasar salad and one had a burger. They were just ok. The atmosphere is not good. Chairs are very close together and we could hear many other conversations. No booths, only chairs and benches. Decor is cold with lots of metal. Too uncomfortable and noisy for us.

Reviewed 27 December 2017

This used to be the Topper restaurant which had the BEST Vegetable Beef soup ever. Now the service is lack luster, I took our cups up to the counter to get our decaf coffee?
because she forgot, not many people there either. The food was mediocre, the price was ok but in most places you get more than you can eat, this place I was hungry when I was done. $1.25 for toast....you only get one slice

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

I booked a company party for my crew this past week. I was so impressed with the menu options that were given along with appetizers & dessert choices. We had a 3 course meal with amazing flavor! Mike really stepped it up with the picks he did for us & the steaks were cooked the way I like it- Texas Style! Very pleased with our bill as well. Mike & Jimmy exceeded my expectation for the home-style food & warming hospitality we received while guests in their house. I will plan another group party there- that's for sure! Thanks Red Kitchen!

Reviewed 17 December 2017

What a fun place! We had visited this same location before when it was under a different name. What a change. It has been totally remodeled and so much different. We loved it.

The menu is exciting for a small town and the flavors delicious. Top choices at our table was shepherd's pie, stroganoff and a salad. Everything was delicious.

The server was friendly and efficient. We had a great time and had great food to go along with it. I can say we will probably return.

Been to Red Kitchen? Share your experiences!