“Lovely”

GreenLeadersGold level
Olympia, Washington
“Lovely”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

The whole experience at Sleeping Lady was great. The cabin cozy and clean. The food was amazing! The couples massage, ahhh. Cross country skiing right there, very convenient. Great 2 nights away.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Whidbey Is., WA
Reviewed 17 February 2012

The best part of our stay at Sleeping Lady was the awesome dinner experience at Kingfisher restaurant. They use organic and natural products, and the buffet is loaded with creative foods. Hans, our waiter, was one of the best of the crop.

Stanwood, Washington
Reviewed 15 February 2012

My husband and I just spent a couple of nights at Sleeping Lady to celebrate our 6 month anniversary and Valentine's Day. When we arrived they gave us a card wishing us a happy anniversary. We stayed in one of the canine rooms since we had our shih-tzu with us. There was a dog blanket and bowls in the room for her which was sweet. They had said there would be a dog bed and treats, however, I never saw them. The bed wasn't incredibly comfortable but I enjoyed the rest of the room. I was very impressed by the organic shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion. The tea that was in our room is fair trade, organic and expensive, it's what we drink at home so we really enjoyed their selection. We were incredibly impressed with the Kingfisher restaurant, I am a vegan and they were EXTRA helpful. I had plenty of options to choose from. On our first night they sent out a Happy Anniversary dessert plate. The only disappointing part of the trip was the spa. We spent $290 on a 90 minute massage for two. I wouldn't even consider our experience a massage, more like a skin rub. Both my husband and I asked for increased pressure and didn't get it. It was more torture than anything. My masseuse was chewing gum which I could hear when she was over me, towards the end of the massage she held my head and simply laid her hands on my feet for extended periods of time. Wth? Maybe her hands were tired? Anyways seek out a different spa in town, you won't regret it. All of the staff we encountered were very pleasant.

Room Tip: Canine rooms only have one full bed and bunk beds, the bed was too small for my husband and I so I e...
2 Thank HollyShanelle888
Boise ID
Reviewed 13 February 2012

What a beautiful, charming retreat. Its rustic but with all the comforts you need like wifi and heated towel racks. The lodge decor compliments the goregous setting with the river and mountains around you. Great location close to activities, and central to shopping and restaurants. The breakfast buffet was yummy.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Edmonds, Washington
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Have stayed in Leavenworth many times and at all different types of accommodations. We have ended up eating almost every meal here because the food is so incredible. This time we decided to stay as well since we were already spending so much time here. It was a winter wonderland and we had a blast pulling our little kids around the property on sleds. They loved the alcove beds. I don't think they have rooms with separate bedrooms however, which may be the only downside when you have little kids who go to bed at 7pm and you are up til 10pm. Also, would be nice to have a mini fridge. We had nowhere to keep milk for our baby so just ended up putting it outside in the snow. Appreciated the tranquility and how the resort is designed to be a part of nature. Will definitely be staying, and eating here again.

Stayed January 2012, travelled with family