All reviews free laundry dvd movies mt rainier extended stay full size refrigerator front desk nice property room was clean lakewood area business center tacoma dishwasher housekeeping amenities fi
Reviewed 16 March 2018

I stay here any time I have a longer stay in the Joint Base Lewis-McChord area. The hotel itself is well-appointed, especially for an 'extended-stay' type hotel. Lots of free amenities including 24 hour coffee, free laundry, free BBQ area, a clean and roomy workout area, free wi-fi, and free checkout of DVD movies. The rooms are unusually spacious and feature very comfortable beds. Also pet-friendly, though the $75 fee is steep for a short stay. The staff is FANTASTIC! If you need something, just ask and they will do their utmost to help. The local area isn't wonderful, but is convenient to lots of local attractions. An especially good choice for military families or people with access to Joint Base Lewis-McChord.

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Arrived in Tacoma without a room to stay in as Extended Stay America gave my room away.

I called on the phone to make a reservation with Candlewood Suites. The reservation was made and the staff were more than accommodating after I explained what happened. This is a pet friendly hotel and I'm allergic to both cats and dogs. The front desk staff researched which rooms were recently deep cleaned and I was given a tour to review and select a room prior to actually booking.

This hotel caters to displaced families. So every room has a full kitchenette area, equipped with tableware, kitchen essentials-pots, pans, Tupperware, even a few condiments; dishwasher, stove, microwave and full sized refrigerator.

All rooms have a blu-ray player and a free movie take out service at the front desk.

The room was clean, no pet hair anywhere, spacious, and the beds are comfortable.

I was there 5 days, 4 nights and I honestly felt as if I were at home.

If ever in the area, I'd surely stay there again. I simply loved everything about this place.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for the night after arriving late from SeaTac. We were planning on hiking Mt Rainier in the morning. This hotel was a short drive from the airport, and about an hour away from Mt Rainier. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. Beds and pillows very comfortable and clean. Rooms have small efficiency kitchens with full size refrigerators. If we ever get to come back to Rainier, this would be our go to. (There is not a lot of accommodations closer to the mountain.) Can stay comfortably for a couple of days without having to eat out every meal.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Jamie E, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear Randi,

On behalf of Candlewood Suites, Lakewood WA, I would like to thank you for your recent visit. It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We are happy to know that your accommodations and our service made your stay pleasant.

Your encouraging review will help us constantly improve our services, and we hope to welcome you back again in the near future!

The Candlewood Suites Team

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

We are very happy here our home away from home. The staff amazing and helpful. The place clean and nice. Long term stay because we had a fire at our home. There's a full size refrigerator and no charge to rent DVD movies. These is also free laundry which is great. Recommend this place

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Jamie E, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Dear Maria,

Jamie Espinoza

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

We recently had the opportunity to stay here a few months for a job locally. The staff was great. The front desk always went out of their way to accommodate. Housekeeping was always polite and professional. The room was nice. The beds were very comfortable. I especially liked that the laundry was free and rarely ever had to wait for an empty washer. The two drawbacks are 1. the business center needs faster computers. I had to use the printer at times and the computers took an extremely long amount of time to load. It was not uncommon to take 20 minutes instead of the 5 it should have taken. And 2. The riff raff that comes by frequently. Not much they can do about that. But we had our bicycles stolen on our last day there and they were double locked. We didn't report it as we were in a hurry to leave. Having said that, and having seen much of Lakewood, I would definitely go back. It's one of the nicest places to stay in the area.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Jamie E, Manager at Candlewood Suites Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear Ms. Lynn,

On behalf of Candlewood Suites, Lakewood WA, I would like to thank you for your recent visit. It was truly a pleasure for us to serve you. We are happy to know that your accommodations and our service made your stay pleasant. The problems that you mentioned in your review has been brought to the attention of management and the proper departments. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and if you had brought the bicycle incident to our attention we would have definitely looked up on our security camera. Please give us a call at 253-584-0868 so that we can get more information about the incident