See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 January 2018

The rooms are spectacular, spacious, beautifully decorated, and clean clean clean! The sheets are exquisitely soft *sigh.. combined with the comfy bed they were on, I considered taking the entire bed home with me. With a fully loaded kitchen and full sized appliances you can literally make yourself at home.

The hot buffet breakfast was served with smiles and a "good morning" and "did you sleep well?" from all of the staff. The breakfast area was kept well stocked, clean and many choices to choose from to start your day. Outside the back door is a lovely private courtyard area with an outdoor swimming pool for the guests, along with cozy seating areas, lounge chairs and Weber grills for cooking outdoors. The gym is spacious and has cardio machines, weights etc. so you don't have to miss your workout while you're on the road.

Located just 4 minutes from JBLM and off the I-5 corridor, it's convenient location is stellar for military troops, family, groups and leisure travelers.

What I noticed most was the fact that everyone smiles and is actually happy to help in any way! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to the Lakewood/Tacoma/Dupont area in the PNW in general. It's worth the drive, if your in an outlying area and need a great hotel to stay for a night or 10.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank KFarris_HP
Shayna S, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Tacoma Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

KFarris_HP,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I have shared this review with our staff, as this is the type of experience that we want every guest to have! We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again when you are in the Tacoma/Lakewood area!

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed here in late December and were told the property had only been open a week. Our studio room was spacious and had two queen beds, a super comfortable easy chair, small kitchen full kitchen and a table with four chairs. The bathroom was very large. I loved the hardwood floors in the bathroom and kitchen and although we didn't use it, its cool that the tv had built in Netflix, Hulu etc.

So why only 4 stars? Breakfast was very disappointing for a Marriott brand with very few selections. There were fried eggs (pretty good), yucky ham like meat and some breads and cereals. Fairfield Inns, Springfields and even other Towneplace Suites we've stayed at had much tastier and larger selections. Also they don't have newspapers.

This is a good hotel and with some tweaks to breakfast they could easily be great.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank BlackberryBoy
Shayna S, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Tacoma Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

BlackberryBoy,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed the amenities that our suites provide. It seems as though our breakfast options fell short of your expectations, I apologize. We hope to see you again when you are visiting the Tacoma/Lakewood area!

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Great service, cheap construction and cheap and limited furnishings in the rooms.

"Hot" breakfast is really disappointing. I had oatmeal due the other questionable offerings. We stayed in the Fairfield Inn in Portland (also a Marriott) recently and the breakfast was so, so much better.

Liked the fitness room.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank DVenturer

DVenturer,

Thank you for your review of your stay at our property. I am delighted to hear that you received great service. One of our top priorities is that all of our guest receive the best service possible. We hope to see you on your next visit to Tacoma/Lakewood area!