All reviews front desk stayed at the holiday inn the ac unit hot tub would definitely stay here again an upgrade free breakfast hotel is located beds were comfortable oakwood freeway noise lobby tacoma amenities pillows microwave
Reviewed 25 October 2015 via mobile

We chose this hotel due to its close proximity to Pacific Lutheran University! We needed easy access to the college over Homecoming weekend and we weren't disappointed!! Not many restaurants nearby but there was a nice little drive up coffee house that suited our needs and a casino nearby if that's your thing! The hotel is nice and clean inside ..the area is not one I would stay in if I were a tourist. Nothing fancy but comfortable and we would stay again if we find ourselves visiting the college again. We saw people sitting outside enjoying the water feature. Breakfast was the typical fare that you can expect at Holiday Inns.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Manager M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma South - Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2015

Dear Christina R,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. The Holiday Inn Express Tacoma-South Lakewood always enjoys the opportunity to accommodate our PLU families! The Lakewood Towne Center is located about a mile away and features many restaurants that are sure to grab a hold of your taste buds; our staff is more than happy to provide you with a list upon check in at your next visit. We provide a clean, relaxing and comfortable environment for all guests. Thank you for the opportunity to hear your positive feedback.
Best regards,
Alex K.

Reviewed 14 October 2015

If you are going to have a hotel alongside the Interstate shouldn't you have better glass in the windows that are on the highway side? I think most do, but not this Holiday Inn.
I hope, at least, all the rooms on the inside side of the place were sold first and that's how come the desk staff put us on the highway side, since I'm a AAA member and belong to the hotel loyalty program, too.
There is one thing I'm pretty sure of, I will never stay in the place again. And if I'm forced to enquire, I will remember to ask for an inside room.
Other than the constant, night-long din of big trucks whisking past, the place was wonderful.

Room Tip: Don't stay if you have a highway side room.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Manager M, Front Desk at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma South - Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2015

Dear Ovas1,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review and tell us about your stay. I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate your loyalty to the Holiday Inn brand. I am sorry that the interstate being located near the hotel disturbed your rest in any way and we appreciate your feedback. In order to give our guests the most convenient location we are located near the interstate. Our twenty-four hour staff are always happy to take room placement requests and we have complimentary earplugs available at the front desk. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 1 October 2015

Pros: The rooms were clean and well kept. The rooms were also modern for and HIE. The check-in staff was friendly, as well as the kitchen staff.
It had a good selection of soft and firm pillows for those with neck issues. Good TV with lots of channels. had a convenient coffee maker, microwave, and refrigerator.
It had a good working climate control with a fan option! It had an adequate selection for breakfast.

Cons: The mattress was too firm without any options. The breakfast omelettes were overcooked on the edges.

Room Tip: Since there aren't any views necessarily, all rooms are the same
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Manager M, Front Desk at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma South - Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2015

Dear Seahawksman,
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review and tell us about your stay. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and our staff was able to create a friendly environment for you. We appreciate your feedback and I will forward your comments to the appropriate staff. We always enjoy hearing from our guests about their experiences and I am glad that you were able to take advantage of the convenient location and many of our amenities. We hope to be able to welcome you back during future trips to the Lakewood area and provide you with another great stay.

Reviewed 5 September 2015

This hotel is bright and roomy with lots of free parking at an excellent rate. We were greeted by a very pleasant cheerful receptionist and were checked in efficiently. The room was extremely good - large and beautifully decorated and well furnished with big TV and huge selection of channels. The bed was very comfortable and the blackout curtains were very efficient. The Wifi was fast and the breakfast very good. Overall this could be such a good hotel - it was just a great shame that the nearby Interstate provided constant noise through the night. It was very intrusive - despite using earplugs. If we return we will ask for a room away from the road - and it would be good if the hotel could add further glazing to cut down the noise.

Room Tip: Ask fro room away from traffic
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Manager M, Front Desk at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tacoma South - Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2015

Dear Will S.,
I am overjoyed to hear that our staff created such a welcoming experience for you upon check-in and that you were able to take advantage of many of our wonderful amenities. I am sorry to hear that the proximity to the interstate disturbed your stay. In order to provide our guests with a convenient location it does require us to be near the interstate, however, our twenty-four hour staff will be more than willing to take your room placement requests. We do hope to welcome you both back in the near future and provide you with another great stay.

Reviewed 1 September 2015

Best Holiday Inn Express we ever stayed at. As a Platinum Elite member, we've stayed at 100's of properties. The recent renovation is absolutely beautiful and totally unexpected in this little no-name type town. Nice view of Mt. Rainier on a clear day from the 4th floor. No place to walk (iffy neighborhood) & had to drive quite a bit to find a decent restaurant. Front Desk staff (especially Tash) was exceptional.

Room Tip: 4th floor on the Mt. Rainier side in hopes of seeing it on a clear day
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Norestraveller,
I am overjoyed to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff especially Tashneem was able to exceed your expectations. It will bring me great joy to pass along your kind words to the rest of the staff. Thank you so much for your loyalty to the Holiday Inn brand and for taking the time out of your day to write us a review. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Lakewood area in the future.