All reviews room was clean would stay again olympia lacey convenient location top floor motel microwave pot channels highway
Reviewed 14 August 2018

This place was a step up from it's direct neighbor that I won't name. Upon my late check-in the staff was friendly and was helping what seemed to be a disgruntled customer who seemed to take things in stride. I don't know the situation but from the looks of it, it was handled without major issues.

As I walked into my room, it had a bad odor that I could only resemble to as a wet dog. It was late and I was exhausted from the day, so I didn't bother complaining about the smell as I would think some of the rooms being the same. I just turned on the air to help circulate throughout the night.

I'm unaware of what the updated rooms vs old rooms look like as others have pointed out in their reviews. The room looked to have been updated but again I couldn't really compare as this was my first time staying in this location. I wish I took pictures but usually reserve that for when I notice something that is really bad.

The bed was soft and the room provided a large enough fridge that allowed me to store my cooler items and they invest in soft toliet paper.

In the morning the power had been out for at least 2 hours when I woke up (3 hours by the time I decided to check-out early). The gentleman at the front desk said that it was on the corner block and the power company was still trying to figure it out. The cool thing was that the lights from the light switch still worked but anything plugged into the outlets did not.
I did not get to try their breakfast as I didn't think there would be any power to have anything ready. From the quick glance, it looked as if they had some things prepared.

Other than that, it was a decent stay for the type of establishment and rating it has.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

I love this Hotel! Newly renovated inside the rooms. They even have a assigned parking for choice elite members! Great staff! Sorry everyone no elevator here. I prefer the top floor of every Hotel. So you may want to try it out. Wheelchair accessible. Hotel is right off of the I-5. Plenty of food to eat. Uber eats is available here in Lacey. The have a small business area as well in the lobby. They have a vending machine and soda machine on the first floor by the lobby. They also have a nice breakfast room. Plenty of parking outside! The rooms are well kept up and the beds are very comfortable! I highly recommend this Hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 July 2018

Stayed in Lacey many times over the past several years - always avoided this hotel. It doesn't look inviting. However, this trip it was the only reasonable hotel with all 11 of my room nites available, so I decided to try it. Wow- was I surprised. Everything from check-in to check-out was a pleasant experience.
The hotel is very nice inside - older but well kept. And, it's undergoing renovations. My room was not yet renovated but still neatly appointed. Everything I needed for a long stay was there and in good working condition - refrigerator, coffee make, wireless internet, and a good sized TV with lots of channels. The bathroom was spotless and the towels were abundant AND fluffy. Housekeeping kept it that way throughout my stay.
Breakfast everyday was typical fare. Nice plus was that they didn't rush breaking down if folks were still enjoying at the end of the breakfast time. The manager cares about his facility and his customers stay. His attitude flows on down to his friendly, knowledgeable staff and a well run facility.
Parking can be somewhat challenging, if you return late at night. And, getting back out onto the highway can be difficult depending on which way you try to go.
Over all, I had a very pleasant AND affordable 11 day stay here and will include them in my plans for future visits. I recommend this location to anyone who wants a nice hotel room, at a reasonable price, convenient to everything in the Olympia/Lacey area.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 24 June 2018

All of the employees we dealt with were friendly and very helpful. We had a king suite with a jetted tub next to bed which I didn't quite understand. The bathroom was small but well laid out. All of our furniture was new and the bed comfortable. I only real negative we had was one pillow and towel had blood spots on them like house keeping might have had a small cut but didn't realize it. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
qu I, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback and appreciation. I understand and would like to apologize on behalf of Housekeeping staff which could have been taken care off. Do give us another chance to serve you better and will make sure all the linens used in the guest rooms are thoroughly checked and clean before they are put in the rooms. Again thanks for your understanding and your business.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Pros:
-all staff i encountered were very friendly and accommodating.
-the breakfast buffet and coffee were really good!
-room was clean; came with fridge, microwave, coffee pot (the previous person/housekeeping in that room didn't throw out the coffee bag or rinse the pot, but i could tell it wasn't that old so it wasn't an issue), blow dryer, heating/AC, etc. it was all very nice. bed was comfortable, and mattress was clean. pillows were nice, too. towels were plenty big and free of stains. shower was spacious because of the curved shower rod, so that was nice.

cons:
-Housekeeping tried to come in during the first day; i didn't hear them knocking because i had my headphones in. good thing i locked the top lock! i had the privacy sign on the outside of the door, too. My key card stopped working randomly on my second day, too - these events were likely related, since the front desk person said that somehow my key card was only set for one day, even though i was booked for two. Careful checking of one's work could have solved that before it was a problem.
-the bathroom in my non-smoking room had a slight stale cigarette smell, which was off putting and unpleasant considering the cleanliness of the rest of the room.
-there was a drunk/drugged-up homeless guy walking around outside the building yelling obscene profanity for a while my first night. He certainly had a vivid imagination and some very colorful things to say. this hotel should look into better security just in case, though.

Room Tip: watch out for the drunk/drugged-up homeless!! otherwise, nice stay.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo