All reviews olive garden grocery store front desk indoor pool strip mall underground parking starbucks coffee bathroom sink fridge and microwave late check hot tub food options decent hotel great rate very pleasant stay business trip totem lake
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

I know, can’t believe the words Marriott and dirty are together in a review. I’m a reward member and for years have found all segments of Marriott reliably clean, fairly priced, with good beds and linens — until today. Hall carpets on 2nd floor are filthy with stains and spills, plus there’s used dental floss on the carpet for several hours now, plus other paper detritus. The room interior is much better, looks recently refurbished, which is why I rated overall 3 stars. An annoying gotcha is upon check-in, being charged $5 for parking—that’s new and annoying in this suburban location.......

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank zephyr98926
Ardene S, Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Thank you for bringing this to our attention so I can address your concerns with our staff.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Came here for a sports event for my son, and this hotel was just a few miles from both of his venues. The location was perfect; grocery stores, shopping, gas, and multiple food options all very close. The hotel itself was pretty clean and quiet with a good bistro style restaurant on site. No room service, but you can call the bistro to order carry out and they’ll call you when it’s ready. Also serves Starbucks and a full bar. We didn’t use the pool, but it looked nice. Employees were friendly and helpful. We had a fridge and microwave in our room. Will definitively stay here if in the area again. The only glitch was there are some numbered parking spaces hotel guests aren’t supposed to use and there’s a $5 daily parking fee for use of the tiny underground garage and the narrow spaces available outdoors.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Ardene S, Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

On behalf of the entire hotel team, we want to thank you for sharing your most memorable experiences with us during your recent stay at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland.

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

We had a 4 day stay in this hotel and all I can say is that I’m not impressed. Check in was uneventful, parking is awful (our mini van doesn’t fit in the spaces and they run out of spots as night). There seems to be no staff around except for young girls that chat as you walk by. A worker put out his cigarette by the open seating area and it continued to smoke for 20 minutes, there is no hot tub, it’s on a busy street...shall I go on! The first 2 days we stayed at a beautiful Homewood suites in Lynnwood and had I known more about this location we would have driven ten more minutes north for that hotel! The location is good to Trader Joe’s, a brand new Whole Foods and Juanita beach/Kirkland waterfront but...my husband said the LaQuinta south of the waterfront is nicer (and it’s a very simple hotel). This hotel is spendy and there is NO breakfast. We won’t stay here again. Only reason we didn’t leave is that we are busy and out and about during the day.

Bummer is that the beds are hard so...all around blah. Hotel is looks fancy upon arrival but look close and hallways, rooms and not clean. Bedding is clean. I think a manager needs to come in do a revival on this hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Ardene S, Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard Seattle Kirkland and providing your honest feedback

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

We stayed here for three nights a couple of weeks ago while visiting family in the area. The hotel is what you would expect for a Courtyard by Marriott. I've been in a couple recently in different states and they have moved their lobbies to a modern feel with a lot of orange decor and they are all quite similar. The room was comfortable and we were grateful for lots of outlets. Breakfast in the lobby is very handy and tasted fine. . Service was good and parking no problem.

Typically, I wouldn't write a review of a basic stay in a standard hotel except for the gracious service we received when I made reservation error. We came back to the hotel on a Sunday evening after a lovely dinner and found our room keys didn't work! We went to the front desk and were told that the check out date on our reservation had been that morning! AGH!!! They had been trying to contact us all day (I'm not sure why they couldn't since I'm a Marriott rewards member but nonetheless). I will confess I assumed, but did not say, it was a hotel error not mine (smile). The woman at the front desk was extremely gracious, assured us our bags were still in our room, and that the hotel had space and and we were just fine staying another night and checking out the next day. She even applied the AAA rate we had used for the room the other nights.

I really appreciated her attitude and gracious service at the time and all the more when I realized it was me who made the booking error not the hotel.. We have family in the area, so we will return. Had she not been so gracious we would have decided to choose a different hotel on our next stay and I probably would have either written no review or a very different review.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Ardene S, Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Upon arrival asked if any suites were available; was told no. Arrived in room and it smelled like a perfume bottle exploded. Informed the front desk, and they promptly “found” a suite and placed us in it. Very friendly staff and clean rooms. Suite was large. Just wish Courtyard would be more up front that it does not typically offer suites as a Platinum upgrade - I would have paid an upcharge, just wanted the extra room that evening. It all worked out for us though so no complaints.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Ardene S, Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018