All reviews olive garden grocery store front desk indoor pool strip mall underground parking starbucks coffee bathroom sink fridge and microwave late check hot tub food options decent hotel great rate very pleasant stay business trip totem lake
Reviewed 19 February 2018

I've stayed at this hotel several times over the years. Our local office is just across the parking lot so it's convenient. I can't say I've ever had a stellar stay here, but it has been better than what I've experienced recently. It seems to get worse and worse. Some of the things that seem to perpetuate -- the restaurant -- they are always out of something you want to order. If they do have it, it takes FOREVER to get it -- I can't imagine what they do back there that takes them so long. Almost as bad as not having what you want to order is getting your order "modified". When I was there recently, I ordered a pesto/proscuitto flatbread. When they delivered it, they apologized that they didn't have the proscuitto, so they substituted shaved turkey instead! Really??? Finally -- after a long day at the office, I return to my room only to find it hasn't been cleaned. As I departed for dinner, I stopped by the front desk to ask them to have it cleaned while I was out. When I returned, all I had was a heap of towels on my bathroom sink -- the old towels hadn't been removed, the bed still unmade, etc. Unfortunately there aren't any other hotels as convenient as this one. But I'm going to keep looking because this one just gets worse and worse.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank BagsPacked58
Ardene S, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Good morning,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience at the Courtyard by Marriott. I would like to discuss this further with you so I can get to the bottom of the issues. If you don't mind reaching out to me my email is ardene.skraban@marriott.com.

Thank you and look forward to hearing from you.

Ardene

Reviewed 4 February 2018

This was a business trip to Kirkland and having stayed in Courtyards in the past, I booked this location. I should have checked for review and suggested location of room if staying at this location and what you get for your stay.

First, be prepared to pay a small $5.00 fee to park on site. The rooms are well furnished with plenty of room for comfort. If you need to work, you have a table/desk that has adequate room for your work space. You will have the usually, coffeemaker, refrigerator, etc.for your use.

They do have bistro on site and do prepare food for you. Looking over the menu they have a pretty good selection. However, if you do not want to eat what they have, within walking distance are restaurants.

The suggestion I have for a comfortable nights sleep is to have your room away from the main arterial (124th St.). I asked for a room that was quiet and they put me in a room on this very busy street. I thought traffic would settle down later in the evening, but I was mistaken. It was noisy all night long. I would have called the front desk to move, however, when I checked in they said they were booked for the night. So, it was a very long night listening to cars, cars, and more cars. To top it off, there was a traffic light just outside so you would hear the deceleration and acceleration of cars all night long.

Boy did I get a good deal at close to $200.00 a night!

Never again will I stay at this location for business or leisure and I would not recommend you staying here.

Stayed: January 2018
Ardene S, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard Seattle Kirkland and providing your honest feedback.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent provide proper room location to our guests.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback.

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

Three of us showed up at the hotel the night before a meeting and to our surprise only 2 among us had rooms.
They confirmed that we all had reservations but they were overbooked due to arrangements made by the corporate sales team!
We tried to all go to the hotel were they were sending the one without the room, but they would not do it. They offered to cancel the reservation at the Courtyard but they said we would be on our own to pay in full the last minute rate at the alternate hotel.
I travel a lot and this is the first time ever that I’ve been in this situation.
Needless to say, I will avoid Courtyard Marriott at all cost from now on.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Ardene S, Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Dear Maite,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us on your arrival experience, I sincerely apologize for not having an room upon arrival. I will touch base with the front desk to ensure that these circumstances are handled in a better way.

Warm regards,
Ardene

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

The rooms are enormous 2 king/queen beds. Well appointed and clean.

My sisters room stank of smoke which given this is a non smoking hotel was grim for a non smoker.

Coffee type machine for hot water- twinings tea bag envelope with 2 tea bags only - and one missing. Felt like the room care was ok but isn’t great

Gym is tiny 4 machines and don’t look as if they have been cleaned and no wipes to diy clean.

Pool closed which was one of the main reasons for picking this hotel so disappointed.

Front desk service ok. All in all a basic Marriott nothing special.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Ardene S, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

We’re sorry you were unhappy - we’ll work hard to fix the issue you experienced. Thanks for letting us know so we may address the issues.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

The hotel itself was quite satisfactory. BUT, our son checked in at 10 PM, that is, in the dark, and parked within 3 slots of a side entrance. The next morning his car had a $40 parking ticket!!!! It turns out that the parking slot...as close as it was to the entrance...was operated by a private parking company!! WARNING: listen VERY carefully to the desk clerk when you check in!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

We’re sorry you were unhappy - we’ll work hard to fix the issue you experienced. Thanks for letting us know.