“First Visit to Carpinito Brothers Pumpkin Patch and Corn Maze”

Carpinitos Pumpkin Patch
Ranked #6 of 21 things to do in Kent
Reviewed 5 November 2016

Visited Carpinito Brothers for the first time a couple weekends ago. Even though I arrived in the early afternoon, the farm was hopping with visitors.The first parking lot was full so visitors were directed to the back lot just up the street and there was plenty of parking with help from farm employees to guide us. The lot was muddy and uneven which made me wish I had boots on. Traffic flow was well regulated into the parking lot from the main street. It was so much easier than I thought it was going to be to find the farm and a close enough parking space.

Once you arrive, you are greeted with a great view of the mountain. It's absolutely beautiful. There's a family play area on one side of the street and the maze, pumpkin patch, food, and market are on the other side of the street. Very easy to navigate the farm and crossing the street. Wheelbarrows were provided by the farm for visitors, many photo ops on both sides of the street with pumpkins and other fun props. I didn't go into the pumpkin patch but it was a pretty decent size. The maze was 3 miles according to the map, but split into two mazes if someone only wanted to do one or the other. One maze was 2.1 miles and the other was 0.9 miles. It was very fun and well spaced so one didn't feel claustrophobic. Don't worry, it's not a huge maze but big enough to get a good experience. The maze had some really muddy spots and puddles. Definitely wear boots or old shoes so you can have a great time in the mud, maze, and patch. There's a total of 12 points to find in the mazes. I believe 6 points in each maze but only one hole punch at each point which caused a backup at each point/station. I met up with friends and we opted to skip the hole punching and just move from marker to marker without turning in our form at the end to enter a prize drawing. More hole punches per station would be great. It was a lot of fun aside from that and I'm okay with mud but it was hard to navigate especially for those with little ones and strollers. P.S. Check for a $1 off coupon on Carpinito Brothers website!

Eat the roasted corn! I highly recommend it! Sooooo delicious and the line moved quickly. I overheard an employee tell a child to fold the corn husks under to cradle the corn because it is so HOT! Delicious but hot. A thicker paper boat, foil wrap, or skewering the corn (even on one end) would make the corn easier to handle. Sooo good! You can ask for no butter. They have seasonings on the back table: Johnny's Seasoning, black pepper, and garlic powder. (Psst! Try all three seasonings with the buttered corn. It rocks!) They have original and caramel caramel corn (Yum!) and hot dogs/sausages available, too. The market was fun to shop and the produce was amazing. Good prices! Lots of pumpkins were already picked and readily available. Plenty of sanicans with handwashing stations outside plus an on-site ATM. Cards are taken at the main register but if you want maze tickets from the booth in front of the maze, the sign read cash and checks only.

I couldn't stop telling my friends about how much I enjoyed this visit. I'll return again. It was such a fun and easy outing. Plus the weather stayed dry throughout my visit. Dress in layers for the weather and wear boots or old shoes to trek through the mud. It rains in the PNW and mud happens so no real biggie. That's why I still gave a 5 star rating.

I will provide an updated review after I visit again. I always like to add any new info I find.

1  Thank Estella N