All reviews columbia center water pressure in the shower an older hotel buffet breakfast staff was friendly very nice hotel lounge mall conference sofa comforter chain
Reviewed 29 August 2018

> TV didn't work in Rm 1105 - Front desk told me that the TV was fine and the problem was that I must not understand how to use the remote - Could not get maintenance until the next day - Maintenance checked TV and confirmed that there was a problem - Maintenance didn't have tools necessary to install replacement - Offered new room - I declined, not worth the trouble to move (2 adjacent connecting rooms)> Water damage to wall adjacent to shower in Rm 1107 - Black Mold present !> Complementary coffee pot in lobby rarely had coffee in it> Staff was generally friendly> No printed info that would typically be found in room such as services available (room service?), TV channel guide, checkout time, etc.> Directory on phone in room listed number for Guest Services as 2265 (I think) - dialed 2265 and got message similar to "contact administrator' - Actual number to use was apparently 0#, although this was not documented anywhere in the room

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 962robin
Nic W, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Kennewick Columbia Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Hello 962robin,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the issues during your visit and will be following up with my Front Office staff immediately to ensure we are offering resolutions in real time rather then multiple hours later. My engineering staff will also be notified regarding the water damage and missing collateral in your room. Feedback is a huge factor in our success and I appreciate you providing us with the information.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

Waited 30min to check in, only one person at the desk Friday night around 5pm. I was assigned a room that had not been cleaned. After hauling my luggage and children all the way around to the other end of the hotel I had to go back and wait in line another 30min. to be assigned another room. The sliding door to this room was so old you could not see out of it and I could barley open it. This was supposed to be the access to the courtyard and pool.
The next day I returned to my room around 5:30 pm to find my room had not been touched by maid service. When I asked the housekeeper in the hall if she was planning on cleaning my room she said

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Nic W, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Kennewick Columbia Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Hello Katie P,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your recent experience at our property, I have followed up with my front desk and housekeeping staff to ensure this is an isolated issue and it does reoccur in the future. Feedback is a crucial tool for our improvement we take it very seriously. Once again thank you for your time and we look forward to accommodating you in the future.

Reviewed 26 July 2018

Our beds and pillows were super comfortable. The staff were all friendly. The pool was large and quite warm in the sunshine. There was no spa, which would have been nice. There was no binder in our room telling about hotel amenities and area attractions, so we didn’t know about the complimentary full breakfast. Another hotel guest told us about it, so we did end up having breakfast another day, and it was very good. The air conditioner was effective, but noisy. We were able to have late check-out.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Hello NavinJohnsonSomebody,

I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, I will be following up with my front desk staff to ensure they are informing guests of breakfast if it is included in their rate. Thank you so much for your feedback and we look forward to accommodating you in the future.

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I decided to stay one night and have a mini vacation, as we live about an hour from Kennewick. The King bed room was clean and well equipped but we were disappointed that they didn’t have snack vending machines and the pool was absolutely packed from 8-10pm when we wanted to swim and relax. The front desk staff (male at 2pm) at check in was not friendly at all. I did not like the bedding either...not much of a comforter.

Trip type: Travelled with family
KMuller22, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Kennewick Columbia Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm so sorry that you did not have a great experience during your stay. I am looking into the front desk agent who was not friendly, by any chance to do you know who this was or what date you checked in. I understand the snack vending machine is a disappointment. We are looking at options to bring something back that will be a benefit to our guests. As for the pool it is that time of year and seems to be a popular place to stay cool. I truly would love for you to return during a less busy time to enjoy the pool. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

We had a fantastic room but the downfall was having to deal with the pool partying so late until 2-2:30 am when I had to wake up at 6. Also we were infested with earwigs in our room. I must say that the beds were, by far, excellently comfortable!! Unfortunate for the lack of sleep, I didn’t get to enjoy my rest that was surely needed. I will have to consider a different location if this is what to expect.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your feedback. I'm truly sorry you had issues during your stay. Our pool closes at 10 p.m. and am not sure why it was still open for a pool party, these are not something that we would stay open for. I'm sorry this occurred during your stay. Please know that this is against our standard and I am working with the staff to ensure this does not happen in the future. Thank you again for your feedback. It is very helpful for training.