“Breakfast on the way to PDX”
Review of Cafe Shari's Pies

Cafe Shari's Pies
Ranked #6 of 43 Restaurants in Kelso
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

We stopped at this location on our way to the airport (11/18). My husband and I have been here twice before. Our first visit, the food was great but our service was bla!.. The second visit, our food was also really great, but the service was wonderful! Since, we've decided to make this place our breakfast stop when we're in Kelso and/or like this particular visit on the way out of town for the holidays. We ordered what has become our usual: the meat lovers Skillet with a side of chicken fried steak, toast and pancakes. Our server's name is Tanya and she remembered us from our second visit. She actually remembered what we ordered during that visit as when we began ordering she caught on and she began reading out from memory exactly what we ordered including my specific detail of having my pancakes delivered after I finish my skillet so that they're still warm. I was flattered with her memory, her friendliness, her professionalism and her overall exceptional personality and mind for detail. Our son was with us and he miraculously ordered the same thing the old folks ordered and he loved his breakfast; we loved our breakfast! So Happy Family with happy bellies and exceptional service we were on our way to the airport. Thank you Tanya for being the friendly person that you are and for going a step above remembering not just another customer but remembering US specifically and remembering what it is we order and how we order it... service like that is hard to come by and we are grateful to you and we will be back. Shari's management should really go out of their way to acknowledge an employee like Tanya!

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Stopped in for dinner after driving home from the Seattle area on a Sunday evening. Service was chaotic and several of the dinner entrees were unavailable during the prime dinner hour (5PM) - we were told they would need start cooking the entrees again and it would be at least a hour wait; so we ordered salads and sandwiches. The salads were sparse and my sandwich was served without fries – had to wait an additional 15 minutes for them to be cooked and served. Overall, this is a poorly managed restaurant – recommend you find someplace else to eat in Kelso!

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

So our budget date night in Kelso included dinner and the Steve McQueen movie. So we stopped at this Shari's... , we'd seen the commercials but we had never tried Shari's before... Coming from New Mexico it seemed to us very similar to a Village Inn. Breakfast anytime is a great thing! So we stopped at this location and upon entering we were greeted by the person who turned out to be our server, her name is Trish. Trish was very busy this night when we walked in we were the only ones there but suddenly a herd of people came in so she was bouncing off the walls. We ordered the meat lovers breakfast skillet with a side of chicken fried steak; it was very good, we were pleased. The restaurant was clean and warm as it was storming rain outside, service was good and the price was comprable to a Village Inn. We ate, we enjoyed, we left. They have beautiful pies in the case at a very decent price by the way! I can honestly say that we will return some day and I highly recommend this location.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

I love the ribs they serve once a year, in the summer. I go especially for them. Try them sometime! You will be glad you did! And we always buy a pie or two!! YUM!!

Reviewed 10 August 2017

WE stayed in nearby motel, walked here. Think Denny's. Food was okay, service was okay, prices okay. It was all, well, okay. I was expecting more.