“The Best of its Kind”

Add it.
Screaming Banshee Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Greenbank
Reviewed 10 March 2017

Screaming Banshee is a small scale artisan producer of several unique types of hard, whole grain breads. The product is so scarce, I assume that hand-crafting it to maintain such a high level of quality is a painstakingly time consuming process. Their product is not only the best of that style, but so superior, they would deserve "best of -show" honors in an artisan bread competition crossing every type and style of breads. Distribution is limited, as far as I know, to the Greater Whidbey Island area where it can be found at a few specialty/gourmet food stores and savvy grocers. If you are really lucky, you may find it used in sandwiches and sides some for the better restaurants in the area. It's out favorite and we seek it out when grocery shopping and jump on it when it's found on a menu. A must-have if you're entertaining guests at home.

Reviewed 12 September 2016

We have been buying Screamin' Banshee breads since we moved here 11 yrs ago.
ALL of the several varieties they make are ''KILLER DILLER'' = XLNT !!

They are ALL healthy - fresh baked (delivered 2-3 times per/wk) - & YUMMEE FOR YER TUMMEEE !!

ANNND.... they are LOCALLY made / baked here in Greenbank !

IMPORTANT NOTE: U canNOT go to the bakery to purchase these breads... they are delivered to & sold at local markets / stores. Thus - my answers - below - about it being a ''restaurant'' - the breads are XLNT for breakfast - lunch & din-din !

Reviewed 12 September 2016

We have seen so many positive reviews of this bakery we were shocked at the status of our loaf of bread. We bought a loaf of Tuscan style bread at the 3 sisters market. When we got home and were ready for dinner I pulled the loaf out of the bag and it looked really really dark. I tried to cut it into slices and the crust was so burnt and hard I had a really tough time cutting the bread. When we ate the bread it was bitter/burnt so we had to just eat the inside. Looking at other pictures it appears most of the bread is baked that dark. I don't mind a crusty bread but when it is BITTER from being burnt it is not what I expect. We will avoid this bakery when on Whidbey.

Reviewed 13 May 2016

I no longer purchase this bread as it was too hard to eat. They say it is healthy and full of fibre, but not exactly what I like. i purchased it at a grocery.

Reviewed 27 April 2016 via mobile

I don't think they have an actual store, but I wanted to add you can also buy this bread at the Greenbank Store. Great bread, moves fast!