Review Highlights
Stopping in

Stayed here one night on our way south. Loved it! We travel with 2 dogs and it was a great... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
tracyl119
Blind Bay, Canada
via mobile
Beautiful park with privacy and perfect location

This is a great WA State Park that has a great location to the beach and lots of wildlife and... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Sharon F
Lake Stevens, Washington
via mobile

All reviews full hookups beautiful beach kite flying sand dollars miles and miles nice campground dunes westport sites yurt rv firewood trees berm shore paths loop
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

If you’re anything like me, you enjoy the buzz of city life, working hard and being plugged in to all things Internet. So if you’re looking for more of that, do not come here. When I came here with my wife for a significant anniversary trip, we were simply looking for some days away to celebrate solo without our kids. We had come here several times with families and had a fantastic time but always thought how wonderful it would be to spend time here without them too. The experience completely blew us out of the water. The way this part of the world is situated and designed was a perfect fit for what my soul needed. It literally revived me. There’s just something about the loud quietness of the ocean roars, the barrenness of the dunes, the vast number of stars at night you can see that creates a truly relaxing experience (only if you let yourself actually soak it all in) that is unlike any other destination. Even if you aren’t into camping, I believe every human being can benefit from unplugging and allowing nature to take you in the way this place does. I hope this place never changes as I suspect this will be a staple destination for me and my family for the rest of my life.

Oh and yes the bathrooms are clean.

Date of experience: August 2017
3  Thank DJZ80
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Love the drive there. The camping spaces are secluded and include tables and fire pits. There are numerous trails to the beach. Explore the nearby lighthouse or some of the local seafood.

Date of experience: March 2018
4  Thank Stephen F
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

We’ve been here a few times and love this park. It’s right on the ocean but over a berm. Huge mostly empty beach on Pacific Ocean.
Electric and water available.
Well patrolled by park rangers.
Check directly with park before arrival in winter, your site could be flooded.

Date of experience: November 2017
1  Thank ncogneeedo
Reviewed 11 October 2017

We took the beach access road so that we could park our pickup truck on the beach and dig clams. I just barely made it to hard sand and saw two vehicles (one another pickup truck) stuck in the sand on the way out and another on the way back in. We were fortunate not to get stuck and have a huge towing bill. Never again. We'll go back north to Roosevelt Beach to dig clams next time. They don't take care of the access road at Grayland, or nearby either as we saw first-hand. A four wheel drive vehicle might be OK, but don't count on it. The State Park, however, is a first class park for camping and yurts.

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

We had the best time, first time yurt camping, brought the two furbabies and can't wait to come back! Pristine park and beach as well. Coastline goes on for miles and miles. Sand dollars to find, logs to sit and gaze out over the water and best of all, beautiful sunsets, couldn't of asked for much more. The bathrooms which also housed the showers was very outdated, but cleaned daily. A garbage can somewhere along the path by the beach would've been nice but not too much of a biggie. I can't really think of anything else to find fault here, it was a great two night stay and I can confidently recommend camping here or just coming down for the day.

Date of experience: September 2017