“Very big beach”

Grayland Beach State Park
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Grayland
More attraction details
Owner description: This long, sandy beach area is popular for surfing, beachcombing and other activities.
Reviewed 15 April 2018

We stayed at the park for a few days for some Yurt camping. The park is beautiful and the facilities are very good. Yurts are fun spaces.
The beach is very big in all ways. You seems like it is at least a quarter of a mile to get to the water and the beach seems endless to the North and South.
It was windy and perfect kite flying weather. I got the kite up, and the breeze was so steady that I just anchored the string, and it remained up the entire time we sat on the beach.
A pretty place.

"shore"
"path"
"vehicle"

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

If you’re anything like me, you enjoy the buzz of city life, working hard and being plugged in to all things Internet. So if you’re looking for more of that, do not come here. When I came here with my wife for a significant anniversary trip, we were simply looking for some days away to celebrate solo without our kids. We had come here several times with families and had a fantastic time but always thought how wonderful it would be to spend time here without them too. The experience completely blew us out of the water. The way this part of the world is situated and designed was a perfect fit for what my soul needed. It literally revived me. There’s just something about the loud quietness of the ocean roars, the barrenness of the dunes, the vast number of stars at night you can see that creates a truly relaxing experience (only if you let yourself actually soak it all in) that is unlike any other destination. Even if you aren’t into camping, I believe every human being can benefit from unplugging and allowing nature to take you in the way this place does. I hope this place never changes as I suspect this will be a staple destination for me and my family for the rest of my life.

Oh and yes the bathrooms are clean.

3  Thank DJZ80
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Love the drive there. The camping spaces are secluded and include tables and fire pits. There are numerous trails to the beach. Explore the nearby lighthouse or some of the local seafood.

4  Thank Stephen F
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

We’ve been here a few times and love this park. It’s right on the ocean but over a berm. Huge mostly empty beach on Pacific Ocean.
Electric and water available.
Well patrolled by park rangers.
Check directly with park before arrival in winter, your site could be flooded.

1  Thank ncogneeedo
See more reviews
Reviewed 11 October 2017

We took the beach access road so that we could park our pickup truck on the beach and dig clams. I just barely made it to hard sand and saw two vehicles (one another pickup truck) stuck in the sand on the way out and another on the way back in. We were fortunate not to get stuck and have a huge towing bill. Never again. We'll go back north to Roosevelt Beach to dig clams next time. They don't take care of the access road at Grayland, or nearby either as we saw first-hand. A four wheel drive vehicle might be OK, but don't count on it. The State Park, however, is a first class park for camping and yurts.