“Pretty good”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 10 October 2017

If you're in the mood for Chinese food, this is a pretty good place, even though it's probably your only choice in South Whidbey. Comfortable booths. Their hot & sour soup is excellent. I think it's worth it to eat here just for the soup, but I like to order it "to go" as the temperature wasn't quite hot enough for me when I ate there. We always get the sea bass in black bean sauce and it contains lots of veggies. If you like your food on the spicier side, I recommend asking them to make it spicer. The first time, it was good, but too bland for us. The next time we ordered it the most spicy (#9) and it was too hot for me. Had it at #6 and it was just right for us. But just a warning, if you order it more spicy, the sauce seems more Szechuan than black bean. Not a fan of their fried rice - very bland. Just grateful there's a place for Chinese food that's not too far away.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

In a spot that seems secluded even though it is right off HWY. 20, this restaurant is rustic in a good sense. You can dine outdoors, but that is also the smoking area. Happy hour is a great opportunity to sample local brews, and you can eat in te large bar area too. Inexpensive prices, and good food. I am allergic to garlic and they didn't quite get that right, even though the allergy was told to them, but I would try it again.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

We have been going for years. Menu has changed and is pricier. Food about the same--pretty good. Egg rolls used to be fantastic--now they seem like they just have cabbage inside. Cutting costs too much, maybe. Best appetizer: chicken wings with a great dipping sauce. Sometimes a long wait to be seated or to order to go. We will still be going, though.

1  Thank Raymond M
Reviewed 31 May 2017

My wife and I were unsure about authenticity upon entering. We had heard about this place, which has been there forever. We were quite surprised. We loved the decor with interesting hanging lights. Mostly, we looked the food. One way we test a place is if they can make a delicious hot & sour soup. They hit it out of the park. The same with their spring rolls. We'll be back.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

There was a sign on the road, but we did not realize it referred to a restaurant until looking for a place to eat. We were pleased to find this hidden gem. The staff, atmosphere and food were 5* plus. The portions are large. The cocktails perfect. Wonderful evening.