“Steak and song”

Charmers Bistro
Ranked #7 of 20 Restaurants in Freeland
Price range: US$5 - US$45
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Casual comfortable dining. Outdoor Patio with full service of food and drinks.
Reviewed 22 March 2018

On a Saturday just seeing Freeland for the first tine, Charmers was recommended by a Boeing employee resident as the best place in town. He said his friend was playing there that night. So I stopped in for dinner without appointment. They accommodated me.. I got a New York strip with potatoes and asparagus. The meat was tender and huge.. Definitely not a strip. It had to be 14 oz. the waiter said all steaks were hand cut on the premises so I don't know if they are all that size or I just lucked out. The potato was mashed with peal which I prefer. Tha asparagus was grilled. The music was a singer and his guitar. He did well musically.. Good "knights in white satin" rendition.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

Charmers is an upscale hometown cafe. The food is good and there are vegetarian options which is always a plus for me.

Great soups. Fish dish was fresh and tasty.

Service was friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Went in for their eggs benedict, which I love. The waiter took my order quickly, after 20–25 minutes I finally got his attention and wanted to know where my food was. Oh he forgot to turn the order in. Another time, I sat while no one else was in the restuarant for 15 minutes before one of the two waitresses asked if I'd been help. all apologies afterwards, but who cares. Wouldn't go back!!!

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Very tasty locally sourced fresh food. Friendly service. The salmon was great. One of the better eateries on Whidbey Island. We ate here our first night on island and wish made it back for another meal but we never did.

All in all better food, better service and better ambience in a casual setting than any other place we ate on Whidbey - including the fancy places. Laid back atmosphere and local friendly vibe a huge plus.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Out of specials of day by 6:30 pm. Asked specifically to omit an item from my dish which waitress noted. Plate arrived with unwanted item and server merely plucked offending items off plate & plunked it down in front of me. Not too professional. Overall food was mediocre and we see no need to return.