“A very American comfortable looking place with a decent french dish”
Review of Charmers Bistro

Charmers Bistro
Ranked #7 of 20 Restaurants in Freeland
Price range: US$5 - US$45
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Casual comfortable dining. Outdoor Patio with full service of food and drinks.
Reviewed 1 January 2017

We came here for brunch and each had the Croque-Madame, Surprising great with a wonderful BÉCHAMEL SAUCE that was lovely. Don't be surprised by the decor, go for the food.

Reviewed 13 December 2016 via mobile

We have been to Charmers Bistro many times. This is the best resturant on South Whidbey. Every night they offer multiple specials. I had the halibut tonight and it was 5 star. The calamari fritti is the best we have had anywhere. Crab cakes are fabulous. Pork chops are excellent. Salads are a meal. It's the best.

Reviewed 12 December 2016

I was shocked to find so many good reviews of this utterly overrated restaurant. I've eaten there four times since it became Charmers. On the other occasions the food was satisfactory when it came to wine, appetizers or mussels. It was nice to sit outside on a good day and wind down. However, when my wife and I dared to venture deep into the main dinner menu we were rudely surprised by not only poor food, but THE WORST food we've ever experienced in the Seattle area, hands down. I ordered the lamb chop dish and she got a scallops with pasta dish, and we both had the soup du jour. The soup, a pea soup of sorts, was not even Safeway can quality. It tasted burned and flat. The lamb had obviously been frozen for too long because it tasted like a hunk of chunky newspaper. It was THE WORST lamb, and one of the worst meat dishes I've had the displeasure of attempting to masticate. My wife's scallops also tasted flat and mealy, again as if frozen for way too long. I left 2/3 of my meal behind, pushed to the side. The waitress would not take it off the ticket after I told her it was THE WORST lamb chop I ever tried to eat, but instead remove a whopping $1.65 from our total bill which was HUGE.

Seriously folks, I've never paid so much for such an embarrassing table full of crappy food.

Stick with the wine and mussels, or other appetizers, and perhaps some bread, but be prepared to be literally tricked by the wait staff into ordering the specials and other dishes that shouldn't be fed to a dog.

1  Thank Andrea H
Reviewed 1 December 2016

The food and service has been wonderful whether it's breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner. Only once was there an issue- a pasta slightly under cooked but it was remedied without issue. The Bloody Mary bar is fun, the margaritas are the best we've ever had due to the mixologist making her own syrups from fresh organic fruit. We've brought family and friends and everyone has enjoyed it. We always look forward to grabbing a bite to eat there.

Reviewed 22 November 2016

Fresh food, local vibe--clearly a hot spot/fav for those in the know on the Island...check it out...yummy!