All reviews memorial day weekend pots and pans excellent stay emerald queen casino kitchenette tacoma freeway olivia leftovers neighborhood motel uber walls maintenance laundry bathtub
Reviewed 25 August 2017

At the risk of sounding like an elitist I'll say that very few people would be under the illusion that this hotel is even remotely luxurious. It is very much a budget hotel but it still has an important role in the lodging industry, for example like if you need a cheap place to crash while in the greater Seattle-Tacoma area or, as was the case for me, you have an early flight from SEATAC and want to position yourself nearby.

My room was sizable and had a largely functional kitchen but it also had a strong odor of cigarettes, which is interesting because I'm not sure if smoking is permitted in the rooms. In any case, for $80/night it's not terrible place to have a hot shower and sleep in a reasonably comfortable bed. I did not tour the area from this hotel so I cannot comment on its proximity to tourist sites, but I know it's not especially close to downtown Tacoma and it's definitely not close to downtown Seattle.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - Fife, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Robert, thanks for the evaluating your stay. We are glad you had an overall pleasant experience and liked some aspects of our hotel. That being said, I apologize for the unfortunate odor that this ruined your visit. Your feedback will we be shared with our housekeeping team in an effort to improve our service. We hope you will give us another opportunity to make your next stay worthwhile.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

We stayed here for an 11-night stay. Main reason I booked this hotel was because it had a full-size kitchen, which was great for doing some meals there and not eating out for every meal. The other main reason I booked this place was because on booking.com it advertised 'breakfast included.' Boy, was this a disappointment. 'Breakfast' was a 'grab and go' as they called it. Coffee, tea, oatmeal, granola bars, and muffins...pretty much it. I don't call coffee and a granola bar 'breakfast.' On website, it said for stays over 7 nights, maid service would be only one time. I thought this really odd at first but, later, rather liked that because room attendants weren't in room every day. Whenever you needed more towels you just took your used ones down to front desk and they immediately gave you new ones. Worked out rather well, actually. They had a laundry room and we did laundry one evening. Reasonably priced and very handy. Room was comfortable but bathroom was VERY small. Could hardly clear the bathroom door of the toilet. Counter was big enough, tho. I needed a hair dryer and, again, you could go down to front desk to get one. The biggest asset of this hotel was the staff. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. The two we dealt with most were Olivia and Michelle--they were just awesome!! Hotel was right off of I-5 which was very handy (altho traffic is a nightmare on I-5).

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - Fife, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Karen, thank you for your review of our hotel. We are glad to read you liked our housekeeping policy and your well-equipped room, especially the kitchenette. It is also great to read you were impressed with our courteous associates. I will share your compliments with them, especially with Olivia & Michelle. That being said, we are sorry our breakfast offerings were not to your liking. We will make a note of your feedback as we plan any changes to it. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

The beds are too small for two people. The breakfast is small with no variety. Price is too high for this low of quality. If your there for a concert, pay more and stay closer. Even the uber drivers recommend other places to stay.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - Fife, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Sadie, please accept my apology for not living up to your expectations during your visit. Our team strives to make sure each guest has a pleasant stay, so we apologize for missing the mark. We appreciate you sharing details so we can take steps to prevent these issues in future and take corrective actions. Please consider staying with us again so we can show you and your friends a better example of our hospitality.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

good if you are traveling with a companion not if solo. The hotel was average. The size was average, the plus is that there is a kitchenette. The problem is that the hotel is loud and the walls are thin so no privacy.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - Fife, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Morgan, thank you for choosing our hotel and for your review. Although you were impressed with the kitchenette in your room, we are sorry for the inconvenience you experienced. I will be sure to share your concern with the future enhancement as we plan any upgrades. We appreciate you being our guest and hope to have the opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Place was dirty and run down.
No utinsels, cups, dishes, coffee pot, nothing in the room. I called the front desk and I had to go down to pick these things up.
Utinsels were old! Room smell! No pressure in the shower! Carpets old and dirty. Sheets did not feel smooth.

The neighborhood was not the best either. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - Fife, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Patrick, thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at our hotel. We certainly apologize for the housekeeping issues as well as the inconvenience with our amenities and facilities you encountered which led to a disappointing stay. To ensure cleanliness our brand standards require us to keep the dishware at the front desk. If we did not communicate this at the time of check-in, we’re sorry. I have shared your feedback with my entire team in order to step up our game. We hope you will consider staying with us again so that we can make it up to you.