“Very tasty ramen noodles”

Tokyo-ya Ramen & Izakaya
Ranked #12 of 239 Restaurants in Federal Way
Reviewed 25 October 2017

I was in this place for a simple dinner by myself during my trip to Seattle in September. The place is in a shopping center has H mart. The place has a open kitchen that you can see the ramen noodles are being made. I have Miso ramen which is one of most basic Japanese ramen noodles. The taste was very good and authentic . The service is a little slow maybe due to they are very busy with a lot of customers in and out. I recommend this place and will visit again next time.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

This place is great and I will pick it over almost any other restauraunt in Federal Way unless I have a specific craving for something. Amazing value, great portions, wonderful service, super clean interior, and you get free cream puffs if you check in on Facebook and show them! The one negative thing I have to say is that if you have a larger group it can be a little difficult to communicate because the serving staff is young and they get a little overwhelmed with any more than 5-6 people, but as long as you keep your group orderly things should go really smoothly. They're also always on the ball about refills, clearing off empty dishes, checking on you to see if you need anything else, and are super nice and friendly all the time.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

I found this restaurant through the Uber Eats app but decided to drop by to pick up lunch instead of ordering in. I was surprised by the variety offered in the separate vegetarian menu and ordered 4 different dishes for my family. We tried the Miso and Curry Ramens, the Tofu Curry and Spicy Tofu DonBuri. As we ordered from the lunch menu, we got discounts on appetizers so I ordered 2 salads with asparagus. Every dish had fried tofu but they were all good. Our favorites were by far the Tofu Curry and the salads. Prices were decent and we had a good meal so we will be back!

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Good grub to put it eloquently. The young lady who served me just like champagne, bright and bubbly. I had the Tam Tam soup and the Japanese version of meat dumplings. next time I'm getting the chicken fingers. Caution, no spicy is still hot so tread carefully.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

We've eaten here a couple of times now, and the ramen is consistently good. The broth is rich and flavorful, and there are a few varieties to satisfy most eaters. We've also tried some of their Izakaya. This isn't quite as good on the whole, but their takoyaki is a bit greasy and too heavy on the sauce, but still flavorful.