“We had Thanksgiving dinner”
Review of Black Bear Diner

Black Bear Diner
Ranked #6 of 254 Restaurants in Federal Way
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: When people think of diners, they typically boil the food down to burgers and fries. Luckily, for those who love variety, Black Bear Diner Federal Way is so much more. Our dishes are not only varied, but are cooked to perfection and delivered by the friendliest staff you’ll ever come across. We invite you to being your friends, family, and co-workers in for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Reviewed 23 November 2017

Our kids were at their in-laws, so we took our granddaughter out for dinner. The restaurant was crowded on a Thanksgiving afternoon, but we were seated in less than 10 minutes. Our server, Ulysses (that name gave me an opportunity to acquaint my granddaughter with some Greek history) was very attentive and quick even though clearly very busy. They offer the full menu on Thanksgiving, but have a very nice turkey dinner: soup or salad, turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green beans, a cornbread muffin, and a very tasty gravy. It all tasted homemade and the portion was large (we brought home enough for a nice leftover meal). I know it's not everyone's cup of tea to have Thanksgiving at a restaurant, but we had a nice conversation, there was no muss and no fuss and no dishes.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

The pleasant atmosphere and friendly customer service is always top-notch, and the food has been consistently plentiful and super delicious!

Reviewed 18 October 2017

I love going here.They have large portions for your money. My favorite waitress is Rene. She is outstanding.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

From the outside this place looks like any other theme restaurant. Step inside and you’ll see biscuits the size of softballs and chicken fried steaks the size of hubcaps! This place is the perfect vessel for comfort food. Very friendly staff and enough food for 2 meals and a snack, all at a very reasonable price. The pies and cobblers are fantastic too!

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I had the turkey, avocado, cranberry sandwich. I got maybe 3 strands of turkey on each half of my sandwich (and I am being serous!), plus one small slice of avocado, one thin slice of tomato and plenty of cranberry. The bread was almost toasted--so was limp and gummy. Spouse had the hot turkey which was thick slices of white bread with enough gravy for maybe 1/2 slice of that and a medium amount of turkey which was not enough for the bread or the gravy. The mashed potatoes with gravy were OK. Service was all right but indifferent. We have heard breakfast is good, but we are not willing to risk it so we will not visit this restaurant again.

Been to Black Bear Diner? Share your experiences!