“Nice place, good service, food not so much”

Verrazano's Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Verrazano's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 259 Restaurants in Federal Way
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 May 2018

Sat outside in a great setting looking at the sunset over the water in the distance (but under the flightpath to SEA ... not so bad, though). Service was great. Beer before dinner was an ice cold brew ... nice. Great wine list. The wedge salad was excellent. However, my $39 special of herb encrusted halibut was not so good.Pasta on side was with oil but still quite dry. The fish was a perfectly cut piece that looked like it must have been frozen. There was sort of an herb crust. The fish was way overdone and dry. Did not finish. Too bad, for that price it should have been great!

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

It's been 28 years since our last visit to Verrazano's. Same restaurant and same delicious dinners. I had the Pollo Parmigiana and it melted in my mouth. I had to take half of it home because it was just to much to eat. Guess what I'm having tonight. Wait start are great people. Parking was not bad. View of Puget Sound is magnificent.

Reviewed 10 May 2018

Met friends here for lunch. A beautiful view and charming atmosphere but the food was disappointing. One of us had lasagne and it lacked flavor. Another had canneloni that lacked seasoning. There were only two other tables being served...evidently not a popular lunch place.

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

The halibut and pesto gnocchi with prawns were delicious. Best lemon dessert cake EVER. Waiter told us a story about Bananas Foster that I will never forget, and the sunset view on Puget Sound was amazing.

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Spring evening late dinner, beautiful views. We ordered: Clams, wedge salad, & chicken marsala.

Service was traditional, and excellent. The dinner was average, but nothing extraordinary. Both my date and I thought the wedge salad was the best plate. Good date choice, larger portions.