Olive Garden
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Good for: Groups
Reviewed 21 March 2016

this continues to be one of my favorite restaurants to visit. I like this location for several reasons. Food - Salad and bread sticks with a great menu of Italian food that is for me always tasty. Parking - Plenty of it and Free - Easy access from Freeway. Pleasant staff and nice location even if it is at a busy intersection.

Reviewed 14 December 2015

We did get seated right away and that was the best thing about this visit. It was my wife and I's 20th wedding anniversary and I hadn't made any reservations. Olive Garden doesn't accept same day reservations but it was a Wednesday so we just showed up with a party of 6. We got seated right away and the waiter came over and took our drink order. Then he spent quite a while explaining the 8" touch screen tablet that was sitting on our table. Pretty soon, you won't even need a waiter at a restaurant because we could order all of our needs on this impersonal little machine right from our table and even pay our check with it. My question is, do you leave a tip if you have a machine do all of the work?

Olive Garden prides themselves on offering you endless salad and breadsticks so I get really confused when they take your order and they ask you if you would like soup or salad with your entree. I mean, isn't the salad a given? Aren't they going to bring your endless salad anyways? If you choose the soup do you not get to eat any of the salad? I'm confused... Anyways, the salad and breadsticks and and the breadsticks were horrible. So hard that you couldn't hardly bite through them. We addressed this with our waiter and he brought out some fresh breadstick but after a few minutes of them cooling off, the same thing happened. They turned too tough to eat. Things didn't get much better when our entrees came out either. My wife had the ravioli in alfredo sauce and she barely ate half of it. It just wasn't good and I ordered the herb roasted salmon from the special menu. The fish looked absolutely nothing like the photo on the menu and tasted worse. A side of broccoli came with my fish and it was hard to swallow as well. Undercooked? Overcooked? I'm not sure but it was bland and cold and dry and soggy all at the same time.

Kudos for the spicy calamari that we had on our appetizer sampler though, that was delicious!

You could tell our waiter was new at his job as he stumbled through every sentence when addressing our table and his etiquette needs a lot of work but I gave him a pass since he is obviously new. At least I hope he is new. If we ever did go back and he served us and was still so green under the collar, I'd be a little suspicious of the training program provided by place. Instead of would you like a refill or would you like me to etc... it was, you want me to bring? You want me to get? Maybe that's the new standard.

Overall, this was a bad experience at the Olive Garden. One that won't have us returning any time soon if ever to this location. It's disappointing because we've come to have such a great expectation of the place because of our previous experiences so when they drop the ball like this, you have to wonder what's going on around there.

Thanks for reading.

Reviewed 10 December 2015

A Tuesday night visit, wait was less than 10 min. We shared a main dish after soup and salad. Everything was very nicely presented and they delivered the meal on two plates. A most excellent choice, seafood pasta dish!

Reviewed 10 November 2015

The food was great, the waiter was attentive, friendly and went out of his way to see to it my dining experience was a good done. The problem? There's a little portable flat screen box that was sitting on my table ready to take my credit card payment. My waiter told me to simply push the "pay" button when I'm ready. Meanwhile, there was a big button on the screen saying "play game". Out of curiosity I pushed the button and immediately a screen came up that stated I was about to play a game for a charge of $2. There was a tiny box to opt out of the charge but it only lasted about two seconds. Another screen then appeared to start the game. I clicked on a button that said cancel but it was too late. The $2 charge had already been applied to my bill. What would have ended with a 5 star rating ended on a sour note because of a very clever ruse.

Reviewed 6 November 2015 via mobile

Ordered the refillable spaghetti and meatballs the dinner initially was excellent the food perfect the service was 5 stars good overall my wife had shrimp carbondale which was good could have more shrimp in it. My only complaint was when i asked for a second on the spaghetti what i got was a small bowl with almost no sauce one naked meatball no sauce on it. Basically a bowl of noodles. If the are going to resent serving seconds then why offer it? The first plate was large and very good and i could have stopped there but the idea of seconds was tantalizing too bad it turned out disappointing dropping one star for this. Person at table next to us had same experience but with sausage seems sauce is hard to get on second servings.

Been to Olive Garden? Share your experiences!