“Absolutely amazing food. ”

Pimienta Bistro & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Pimienta Bistro & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 259 Restaurants in Federal Way
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Absolutely amazing food. Second time here. Still worth every penny! Love it. Wonderful atmosphere, friendly staff, and fresh, creative takes on their dishes.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

I've seen reviews on trip advisor for this restaurant in the past. For a celebration dinner my husband and I stopped here not sure what to expect. Initially, my husband was turned off by the location it is next to a gas station a car wash and unfortunately next-door to a salon. The smell from the salon seeps through the walls and unfortunately makes the sensory atmosphere uncomfortable for those that are sensitive to that smell. Despite all of us I asked my husband to give it a try and we were so pleased we do plan to go back.

We started with the butternut squash tacos. They were unique and delicious.

I had a beet salad (which I would describe as average).

I ordered the Lobster and shrimp linguini, which is partnered with a sauce that was scrumptious. Every bite was excellent!

Periodically, my fork would make its way to my husband's seafood paella. The flavors were delightful and not too spicy. My hubby likes the crisp rice that comes with most traditional paella dishes, but don't care for the crispness and therefore really enjoyed his dish.

We did decide to take on the creme brûlée, and was slightly disappointed that the sugar topping wasn't crispy.

Will we go back? Yes!

We did note that they do offer carry-out options, but we would prefer to eat in.

Executive Chef Blanca Rodriguez, thank you for making my birthday a great occasion. Please pass this sentiment along to your staff!

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

I’ve been here 3 times now. I just had the lamb which was divine! I am a picky eater; here owner and chef comes out to talk to the diners and if I say, “I don’t like figs or Brussels sprouts,” then I’m given something delicious instead of figs and sprouts. I’ve also had the pasta of the day and the quinoa, both delicious. This is far and away the best restaurant in NE Tacoma or SW Federal Way.

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Never did I expect to find such a fabulous, fresh restaurant in Federal Way! I live over an hour away and would drive there again in a heartbeat. The chef was delightful, great ambiance and fabulous flavors!

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Delicious, inventive approach to familiar dining options. Identifying their menu as “American” is a little misleading as they have put a tasty, playful Latin influenced twist to almost everything. Squash tacos? Fried calamari with cherry tomatoes? Truffle fries? Although the menu is not extensive, every dish is nicely prepared and presented. The service is friendly and helpful. The ambience is colorful and creative without being pretentious (the background music adds to the experience). Lots of wines to choose from. Pricing reflects the quality of the dishes served here. Great choice for date night or casual dinner.