“Love the Palace for breakfast ”
Review of Palace Cafe

Palace Cafe
Ranked #5 of 118 Restaurants in Ellensburg
Price range: US$7 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

The Palace has the best breakfasts in town.
Excellent Service is always provided by the college girls who go to school at CWU.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

We had the Halibut and Chips. Most of the fish pieces were very good with a couple that were tasty but a bit mushy for halibut. The slaw was an Oriental slaw with a sesame oil base and was very good. The fries were the kind with a cheese/seasoned crust and were good but not spectacular. I'd rate the meal as about a 3.5, but the desserts are what brought it up to a 4. We tried the Carrot Cake and the Chocolate Swirl Cheese cake. Both were very good. The carrot cake was light and the icing was not overpowering like you can sometimes find on cheesecake. The chocolate cheese cake was tasty without being heavy like some cheesecakes. I could see going there again.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

We read a review in our motel of this restaurant and it sounded pretty good so we thought we'd give it a try. The staff was pleasant and seated us at our requested table near a window so we could keep an eye on the dog we left in the truck. The menu had appealing entries, but the one I wanted to try that we had read about in the review was Alaskan halibut and chips. The menu even declared that this entree would be the best fish and chips you ever had in your life. Well, after hyping up the meal to such a degree, it was very disappointing. Have you ever caught an Alaskan wild halibut? They can be enormous! The size of the halibut fillets was very disappointing. There were four small (approximately 3 - 4 inch) fillets, fries and a bowl of cole slaw. The meal was priced at $16. Not only were they not the best fish and chips I've ever had in my life (an honor that goes to a nice little place in Florida), they weren't even in the top five. My wife ordered the soup of the day which was Navy Bean and her comment was that it tasted like they spilled the whole shaker of salt into the soup. So, our experience at The Palace was not so good, however, if you can find a better menu entree, your experience here could be pleasant.

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

I ate breakfast and lunch here while in Ellensburg. Good bacon and eggs and toast for breakfast. For lunch, I had the Caesar wrap and berry pie. My husband requested only vegetables and got a plate of green beans. Friendly service, nothing creative or fancy about the menu—a typical diner which I would highly recommend if that’s what you’re looking for in Ellensburg.

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

I had dinner here with a friend when I was in town and I thought it was a nice place. It is located in the downtown area and in a historic building with lots of old photos. The staff was exceptionally nice and we both had a wonderful Alaskan shrimp salad which was delightful on this very hot day! Our cocktails were delicious too! Wonderful staff there!

Been to Palace Cafe? Share your experiences!