“Typical Diner”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

I ate breakfast and lunch here while in Ellensburg. Good bacon and eggs and toast for breakfast. For lunch, I had the Caesar wrap and berry pie. My husband requested only vegetables and got a plate of green beans. Friendly service, nothing creative or fancy about the menu—a typical diner which I would highly recommend if that’s what you’re looking for in Ellensburg.

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

I had dinner here with a friend when I was in town and I thought it was a nice place. It is located in the downtown area and in a historic building with lots of old photos. The staff was exceptionally nice and we both had a wonderful Alaskan shrimp salad which was delightful on this very hot day! Our cocktails were delicious too! Wonderful staff there!

Reviewed 23 July 2018

Had a nice lunch on the way to Seattle. Fairly large GF menu. GF club sandwich was delicious! Lots of variety on the regular menu too. My daughter enjoyed spaghetti and a milkshake. Friendly service. We did wait a bit for drink refills and the check.

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

We had such a nice dinner that we returned the next day for lunch. Our servers were very friendly and did a nice job for us. We had eaten here a few years ago when passing through on our way to Seattle. Great spot to eat!

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and I both decided to stop here on our way to Coeur D'alene. We were intrigued by the history of the restaurant. I believe it has been in Ellensburg for 125 years. So glad we stopped because the service was great and the stuffed hashbrowns were to die for. My husband had the waffle with whipped cream and strawberries and he said that it was also really good. Will likely be stopping back on our way home.

Been to Palace Cafe? Share your experiences!