“Fishy flavor means not fresh”

Oyama Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #21 of 119 Restaurants in Ellensburg
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

We took our college kid and friend out for lunch. The waiter got our orders wrong, so while two of us had our food the other two sat staring at us. My chicken was cold, my California roll smelled and tasted nasty. Our soups ( two kinds at the table) were cold and fishy, they must use an overpowering sardine stock. Four foul lunches. We will never go back.

Date of visit: February 2017

Reviewed 14 January 2017

Visited here and ordered take out - food for dinner and also for the next day's lunch. I had chicken teriyaki for dinner and was not impressed. I ordered Seaweed Salad and Sushi for my lunch meal. Seaweed Salad was OK and the Sushi was good. Probably won't eat here again.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

First time here. The waitress could not answer any questions regarding the menu because she did not understand our questions and told us she was a vegetarian. The food was good. Frankly I don't understand why you would want to eat raw fish. My husband, who was resistant to this place, loved the food. You get alot of food and the service was prompt.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 25 July 2016

There are no a great number of places in Ellensburg or nearby for a nice big bowl of noodle soup, udon or soba. Since pho is a rarity around here, Oyama has the next best thing, healthy and great comfort food.

My husband eats various items off the rest of the menu...teriyaki, sushi. We watch the chefs working the hot table grills in the center of the room and it is fun to watch the kids of all ages react to that.

Service is calm and prompt, prices are very reasonable. The restaurant is clean and updated and a nice place to rest a weary soul, or soles.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 28 June 2016

Had dinner there twice. Both times the food was OK. Probably will not eat there again as there are better places in Ellensburg. Food did not seem freshly made but prepared and held until ordered.

Date of visit: May 2016