“Great margaritas”

Los Cabos Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 114 Restaurants in Ellensburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 8 July 2017

We enjoyed Friday night dinner here. It was walking distance from our hotel. Good, fast service,, large portions of average Mexican cuisine, however we felt the margaritas were above average

Reviewed 17 June 2017

Very nice staff, however....definitely not authentic. Sorry to say we thankfully filled up on the chips and salsa, and took only a few bites of dinner. The quesadilla was soggy and microwaved, the burrito was strangely sweet not spicy. The margarita was a premixed disaster. We spend 1/2 the year in Arizona; authentic this place is not! The good news is Taco Bell is only a block away!

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for dinner on our way to Utah. Service was ok, we did get chips and salsa quickly but they look their time taking out order.

I had the rellenos and I think the cheese served with it was processed since it was not very good. To salty and thick.

It was ok to fill the hole but don't thin we'd go back.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

I was excited to try some Mexican food in Ellensburg as I have heard the valley has some authentic places. This restaurant did not disappoint!

The restaurant is located on the main drag, near the interstate and all the major hotels. Ample free parking on-site is available.

The menu had many options, and had many of the authentic dishes that I am used to in other areas of the country renowned for Mexican food. This restaurant is more traditionally Mexican than Tex-Mex, Cali-Mex or other variations. There are a few gringo exceptions of course, but the vast array of camarones (shrimp) on the menu attests to its authenticity.

I had the steak and enchiladas, served on a piping hot plate with refried beans and rice. It took me back home and it was exactly as I expected it to be. Satisfying and savory. The free chips and salsa were a nice surprise (the best Mexican places always bring chips y salsa to the table without being asked).

The service was also what I was hoping to get. Beaming and genuine smiles from my server and bussers, who didn't speak the best of English. I could tell they were happy that I was patronizing their business and served me with warmth and efficiency.

Prices were reasonable. My steak and enchilada plate with an ice-cold cerveza set me back about $26 with tip.

I will definitely return.

Reviewed 12 February 2017

If you plan on going in to have a good time be sure to keep an open eye or you may purposely be over served alcohol for the purpose of DUI entrapment