All reviews sausage plug ins a ground floor room hotel stay called the front desk many choices room was clean and comfortable room was large soaps upgrades furnishings pet
Reviewed 22 October 2018

The hotel itself is in disrepair, does not look as advertised. Staff was very friendly and helpful, made up for shabby facilities. Felt a bit bad for them as they were working hard to make the best out of a poor quality hotel.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
NilaM114, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel & Conference Center Ellensburg, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2018

We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear our staff were accommodating and helpful. We are currently working to renovate our hotel and do hope you give us another chance after the renovations are completed.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Rude front desk staff and the room we were given was quite bad with peeling paint, dirty windrows, etc. The Hotel was being renovated and our room looked like the only thing newer than 20 years was the beds. The paint was showing through and the halls were torn up with gross carpet. But, I'm pretty sure we paid full room price as if the place was in the shape it should be. Oh ya, and the pool was CLOSED. Good thing I brought my swimsuit. I used to associate Red Lion with quality, but it appears that standard is no longer upheld. I won't be staying at another Red Lion.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
NilaM114, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel & Conference Center Ellensburg, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

We apologize that you were not pleased with your stay at our facility. We are working hard to renovate and our pool is currently under renovation as well, we are sorry that this was not made aware before booking with us. We are sorry to hear your decision, if under any chance we do hope we have a opportunity to provide you with a more enjoyable stay after our renovations are completed.

Reviewed 28 September 2018

The staff are great. The hotel is in awful condition. The room was dirty, dark & smelly. It looked like something out of a bad movie. I had horrible allergic reaction and could not stay. They were very graceful about it and checked me out right away. If you have allergies this is not a good place. I know it is probably expensive, but close it and renovate fully.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry that the room you were put into did not accommodate your needs. We apologize that this was not an enjoyable stay at our facility. We hope after our renovations are complete we have the chance to provide you with a more enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

I stay at many hotels for work, and I stayed at this hotel this last Wednesday night.

My quick backstory, I have severe PTSD and I was having a bad night wednesday night that created an episode. Elyse, the front desk clerk/amazing person, helped me through it - she got me some water, helped me to sit down and relaxed me through it an talked to me and helped to ground me (psych term). She checked up on me regularly. It was very genuine. It was Humanity showing it's finest. I was a stranger, I was a guest and this was absolutely incredible amount of help. I don't get triggered too often anymore but this night was especially bad and it was amazing to have someone there, by my side, as a therapist as part of the hotels' ammenities. In todays world, its very difficult to have people that will help it seems. Not enough good samaritans out there. This experience restored my faith in humanity for something that I feel embarrassed about and was helped through it with flying colors. I can't say Thank you enough!

We have many of our employees that travel through this area regularly and I will only recommend this hotel going forward. Plus! I have to say the hotel is going through renovations but is very Clean! the rooms were nice - no problem. Breakfast was fantastic. The soaps were pretty amazing, lavender tea and charcoal. Whoever picked that for hotel shampoo gets a gold star!

Overall - you get 5 stars! and I am a very hard person to please. Nice job Elyse and Red Lion Hotel. Keep up the good work!

Room tip: They have teas, coffee, juices, and cookies at all times. Make sure you get some, bring them back to your room
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
NilaM114, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel & Conference Center Ellensburg, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Chuck,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy to see Elyse was able to provide you with excellent customer service and that you had a good stay with us. We hope you are doing well. We look forward to seeing you and your employees whenever you all pass through Ellensburg. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 8 September 2018

A rather well used Inn. Some updates have been attempted but the delivery was lacking. How about cleaning the windows? It looked like an abandoned building with the amount of dirt and cobwebs. Staff were very nice and the breakfast was quite alright. Decided not to use the pool because of the dirt in it and the open holes in the ceiling.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Jill,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the issues you encountered, we are working hard to provide our guests with a better hotel. I have passed along your comments to our team so that we may improve our operations. We appreciate you staying with us.