“It's Fish & Chips”
Review of Spud Fish & Chips

Spud Fish & Chips
Ranked #112 of 146 Restaurants in Edmonds
Reviewed 17 December 2015

This is a fish and chips shop. Deep fried with an assortment of dipping sauces and a soda dispenser; that's it. Anyone who has been in an English shop of this type will feel almost at home, less the newspaper wrapping. This place uses little trays and dedicated sterile wrapping paper if you take it to go. I ate the chips and they were hot, fresh and tasty. I don't eat fish, but everyone else I saw in there seemed to be enjoying it. It is near the train and ferry landings and parking is no problem.

Cara M, Manager at Spud Fish & Chips, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2017

Thank you for coming into Spud. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 20 November 2015

World renowned Spuds is here, quick, hot, and not cheap, the halibut fillets are on the thin side, but quality is top notch will try the prawns next time

Reviewed 13 November 2015 via mobile

Having been a long time West Seattle resident and Alki Spud customer I looked forward to dinner at the new Edmonds Spud. The Staff was very friendly and the fish and chips were good but much thinner than Alki Spud. I was shocked that we were not provided anyTarter Sauce without an extra charge. That left me with a negative feeling. I will stick with Alki Spud. I have never visited a restaurant that did not offer one free Tarter Sauce with fish and chips.

Reviewed 18 October 2015

Completely over priced, the food and the service was terrible! I wont go back...too bad that this place is not equal to the other great places that have opened up around it. The Art Museum, Scratch Distillery and the new Beer place are all really great!

Peter K, Manager at Spud Fish & Chips, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2015

Hey there,

We apologize for your negative experience. If you have constructive feedback to share with us to help us improve, we would welcome it.

Regards,

Reviewed 2 October 2015

The recently opened restaurant is part of a local fish-and-chips chain. Occupying the space of a previous restaurant, with a complete remodel, you now have a fast-food establishment consisting of an open kitchen and a variety of utilitarian seating ranging from low tables along the windows to high tables along the walls, and a center row of small tables with stools.

It’s fast food so you order at one end of the long service counter and pick up your piping hot food at the other. I had the salmon with fries and my wife had the calamari with a small side order of fries. While the salmon was good, we both thought the thinly sliced calamari rings were heavily breaded and, with the deep-frying, lost its natural flavor. The apparently fresh cut fries were very good. All portions were average size.

Everything is made to order by one cook working four fry baskets. Our food came up relatively quickly since no one else was in line when we had placed our order. That may not have been the case if we had come in at a peak time. I don’t consider this to be a destination restaurant and, with its location across from the Edmonds ferry, bus terminal and train station, and service-only atmosphere, feel the majority of their customers will be foot traffic from the waiting commuters. We live in the area and wanted to give it a try. No need for us to return.

Hey there,

Thank you very much for the kind words. We appreciate you taking the time to visit us, and for the feedback on the calamari. We always take time to carefully consider what customers take the time to write us, and will evaluate the recipe. Hope to see you again if you decide to stop in!

Regards,