“Brand new---in Edmonds”
Review of Spud Fish & Chips

Spud Fish & Chips
Ranked #114 of 147 Restaurants in Edmonds
Reviewed 29 September 2015

Largest sitdown and new of this franchise---spacious and convenient to Ferry Terminal, Amtrak, Sounder, and downtown Edmonds, and Best Western Plus. Located in new market plaza called Salish Marketplace, with lots of parking west of the Ferry Terminal parking---eat in or take out---no beer and wine---Cod, shrimp, clams,oysters, deep fried the Spud way with or without chips, chowder, etc....Tarter and Catsup also....Really bright with lots of windows and seating.

Parks and picnic tables nearby and along the beach---do not feed the Gulls and leave your trash in the cans, not on the beach.....

Six Cod only/no chips with two tarters and a tip came to $33///Large fillets

Peter K, Manager at Spud Fish & Chips, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2015

Hey there!

Thank you for the nice review, we appreciate it. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 September 2015

I used to eat often at the Spud shop at Green Lake in Seattle. It used to be great fish and chips. I went to the new Edmonds location last night and was disappointed. The fish was so thin that there was more breading than fish. I could not taste the fish for all of the salt in the breading. The chips were mediocre. On top of that, when I asked for a water cup, the cashier, who handles money--which is filthy--picked up a cup and grasped the rim and inside of it to hand to me. We went through several cups before he understood that what he was doing was a health code violation and that he needed to pick up a cup by the outside of it. Spud has been in business for far too many years to be allowing something like that to happen. I won't waste my time or money going back. Spud will just remain a fond memory from earlier times.

7  Thank Carol_R99SO

Hey there,

We are disappointed to hear that you had such a negative experience with us. A new restaurant and a whole team of new employees is difficult to manage at first, but feedback from customer like you help us to improve. Thank you for taking the time to share, and we hope perhaps you will consider visiting us again some day.

Reviewed 18 September 2015

A new Spud Fish & Chips opened yesterday in Edmonds.

My wife and I picked up supper yesterday at the new Edmonds Spuds. Pretty dissapointing.

It's really sad the Spuds of 2015 is such a poor substitute for the Spuds of the past. The fish is cut very thin now and everything else (like salmon, clams, etc. is frozen and pre-portioned in plastic bags so the amount of waste generated is stunning. The heavy breading and tarter sauce recipies haven't changed so they still taste the same as the old days.

I used to go to Spuds other locations from time to time. For the last 10 years or so, I quit going. I was hoping the new Edmonds location would be better. Sadly, it is not.

The choices Spuds management has made to cheapen the quality and experience will likely kill this Seattle area icon sooner rather than later. It's a great location by the ferry holding lanes. They are so slow that this will be a huge irritation to people that have to catch the ferry before their order comes up.

Don't expect this Spuds to last long.

Sad all around.

2  Thank John B

Hey there!

Thanks for giving us feedback. New restaurants can be quite tricky to work the kinks out of, and feedback from customers like you always helps us to do better. We respectfully hope that your estimation of our failure will not happen, but that we will become even better in the future! And that perhaps you will come say hello.

Regards,

Been to Spud Fish & Chips? Share your experiences!