“Really great burger!”

Price range: US$15 - US$22
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, View
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: •Casual Pacific Northwest Restaurant with International Flair•Casual, Innovative, Delicious!•Inviting, Relaxed Atmosphere•Stunning Views of Water, Marina and Islands Beyond•Spirit of Hospitality•Friendly, Attentive and Knowledgeable Staff•A Favorite Island Locals Gathering Place•Committed to Giving Back to our Community
Reviewed 14 August 2016

After arriving on Orcas Island around 5pm with no dinner reservations and two restaurants telling us there were totally full for the entire night,we were relieved when West Sound Café said they would be able to seat us in about 10 minutes.

The parking lot was full and we had to park on a side street. We were seated immediately but our waitress had several other recently-sat tables, so it took her a while to get to us. She was very sweet and pleasant. Draft beer/wine prices were reasonable at $5. The cheapest glass of red wine was $9 so I opted for cider.

Food service was quick considering how busy they were. The drinks took a while, arriving shortly before the food.

My girls both got the dinner burger which was delicious, although at $16, a little expensive. They both agreed they were amazing and they would order them again. I ordered the scallops. While the scallops were cooked perfectly, there were only four of them, and only one was on the large side. The deep-fried mushroom garnish was delicious. The risotto was okay. My husband got the grilled squid small plate. It wasn't his favorite.

I mentioned we would be ordering dessert since it was my husband's birthday. The waitress told him "Happy Birthday" but didn't offer to do anything special for the occasion.

We would return for the burgers but skip the scallops! This was our first dinner on the island, and I do anticipate prices everywhere being higher than on the mainland.

Reviewed 12 August 2016

The food and atmosphere are very good at this seaside cafe, with an upbeat vibe inside. But I had to give them lower marks due to there overpriced dishes. We ordered three vegetable plates for two couples to share and they turned out very small - not enough to share. The biggest issue was with my nephew's scallops - $30 for four small scallops, really overpriced! As earlier stated - the food is good; but expect a big bill for a small portions!

Reviewed 9 August 2016

We came in to the restaurant after a long day of hiking about an hour before they closed it was crowded but we were able to sit at the bar which was fun. The food was great very well prepared and interesting everything we had we really enjoyed. Service was good even though they were crowded and we thoroughly enjoyed our evening there and wished we had time to go back again.

1  Thank becauseIcan
Reviewed 3 August 2016

Had dinner here last month after a day on the water. Great view and excellent food. Wait staff is knowledgeable. If you sit on the deck (recommended for view) look for a table in the shade--afternoon sun is warm.

Reviewed 29 July 2016

The view yeies to steal the show. Come here if you are not in a hurry and want a bit of romance. The menu changes often it is closed for private functions. Call ahead. Its within walking fidtance of west sound marina. Fridzys has sail races on the bay.
It feels elegant it feels casual. I liked the salads and the rice roll I had. Portions are not huge but everything is well done and civzlized.

1  Thank Travel333333A